Red Truck Club!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well I have to make it through the winter months first. Then next spring I will be getting ready to tear the top of the motor off and start on everything. Gonna have to get some hands on deck to pull this thing off. All I can hope for is that the heads aren't warped or cracked.

But I did find something interesting out. The reason that my truck runs funny sometimes could be because when I replaced my plenum I had to get all new gaskets for the intake. Well I think one of the gaskets moved or ripped or something. Cause my buddies chevy is doing the same thing just a billion times worse. His entire gasket set is shot to hell. So that could be the reason for the miss on one cylinder and that it comes and goes.

But still gonna get the heads cleaned up and possibly throw in a cam. and some rr's. What do you all think?? RR's and cam or just RR or just cam??

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a SC3715 I'm planning on talking to sean and get a custom tune. I have a whole list of things to choose from. So I am trying to find a good starting point. So I'm starting with the cam and the heads. But if I do a CAM can I still do the rr's?? I also am going to add a pillar pod with a trans temp gauge and a AF ratio gauge. Unless I decide to slpurge and get an aeroforce gauge.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Im not 100% sure I would deff ask Sean because he has more experiance with the 5.9s.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok that's a good idea. I'll send him a PM and see what he thinks. I know I want to do a cam and RR and rebuild my heads.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Woohoo. Bumpin the red club. lol What few of us their are. lol

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hows the best color in the world doin??? Hadn't heard from you all in a while. Well the what 5 of us. lol

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
Im doing fine!! yeah i think we need to catch up to the BTC!! Hadnt done much to the truck yet waiting on a few things in the works though

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I know right. Sheesh. JJ you know that Red is the best color ever!!!! lol

So what do you have planned safetyguy???

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
^^ Baja I deceided I was going to make a class change to a less restrictive class. The original plan was Stock Full Class but since I drive this truck all the time and want to enjoy the way it looks and feels. I am on the search for a less restrictive class. Now that being said the truck will be less competitive than the big money boys but **** em we all have to finish.

So with that in mind I am looking into quite a bit of things right now just trying to get the essential linned up then working on a priority list. i wont beable to et everything done that I want for 2011 season since I am running it at Best In The Desert too. But I will work right up to the last minute poutting as much money and time into that I can.

Other than that. Nothing how bout you

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Lol Well you have a large list to put together there. lol For me I'm still debating on doung my top end rebuild I think I may hold off and see how talon's 5.9 build goes so if he runs into problems I can try to avoid them.

Other than that I finally graduate college. FINALLY!!!!!
Seems like It has taken forever.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Does our truck have to be true red or can variations of the color red also join...my truck is maroon.

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
Lol Well you have a large list to put together there. lol For me I'm still debating on doung my top end rebuild I think I may hold off and see how talon's 5.9 build goes so if he runs into problems I can try to avoid them.

Other than that I finally graduate college. FINALLY!!!!!
Seems like It has taken forever.

Well the main focus is on safety..... Then suspension (which is also the reason for change of class) if I can get all the suspension done then i will move onto engine. The bumper and lighting is taken care of just waiting for it to be built.

I know alot of people wont agree with this for baja but I am going with a mild suspension lift for a bit more clearence. then I am going to be upgrading where and what I can with Carli/King/Kore suspension components or a variation of those and other companies.

Once the suspension is complte I have some mild body work things to do along with samller rims and bigger tires (2sets to be exact)

then onto the engine where depending on where I am in in the year is how indepth i will go. deffinetly the simple bolt ons itake header exhaust efan and the like. looking into cam options and custom tuning (need to locate someone for the custom tune) if time permits there may be a full on build of the motor but I think i will run out of time/money before that happens for this seasons races ill be in.

oh congrats on college

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Adam you are more than welcome red doesn't have to be red lol.

Jason I have an associates degree in network engineering along with some certs.

Safetyguy sounds like a good plan we don't want crushed safetyguy lol. And suspension upgrades are a great idea. You'll have to keep us up to date on your progress. As for a custom tune check out hemifever. He does the custom tunes for many guys on here.

Thanks for the congrats guys. Im super excited.