Red volt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slothdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This just came on Monday morning. I was tired reached in to start and warm up as I always to in in the cold months. But this morning I grab the 4x4 switch and switch it to 4 low I guess instead of the fan switch lol. After 15 mins went to leave for work. Put it all back in normal 2wd. Then switched on the heater. The bolt was on the whole time. Then noticed the temp gage was not reading and there was no heat coming from the vents. Turned off and after a few seconds turned back on the light was out. Temp gage was reading right now and heat came on. Any ideas as what this might be. My mechanic said that light is for the electronic throttle body and the temp gage issue is the thermostat needs changed. I am not too sure that is the issue. Bc back to normal after restart. Then drove for 3 hours no issues. Happened in the morning and then this evening leaving work Tuesday.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
First, welcome to the form.

Lets start off with Heat temperatrue from heater core.

Engine ran for 15 minutes?
Regradless of what any gauge claims, the neinge was running, coolant was runninng through that engine, and the heater core, inside the cab, if the fan inside the cab was on, then the air coming out of the vents should have been warmer.

Period.

If not, you are lo on coolant have air pocket in the system or other issue.

A gauge or lighnting bolt or whatever does not change the fundemental basics of a running engine and oolant sytem .

back to teh guage and bolt.

sounds electrical in nature. could be throttle boy. coudl be a lot of stuff.

lighnting bolts mean do nto drive, soemthing bad could happen.

Throttle postiioning sensor misreeding? Somethning bad could happen.

Low or no OIl? Something bad could happen.
not everytime does it mean you will kill truck engine or yourself but gos idea to at least have an idea of why you got the bolt b4 running down teh road.

take it in, should have coses, ge tehm.
buy a usb bluetooth cose reader for your cell phone and leave plugged inf or when it happens next.

but do not just let it go.