Reman engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goliat6288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
hey everyone

i know at some point ill have to swap the engine or get it fixed (if possible). so i started looking at buying remanufactured engines just out of curiosity and i found this website powertrain products.
they say the fix a couple of the known issues the magnums come with from factory.

have any of you used them? are theyre products any good?

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went through the same process as you are doing now before i decided to get a donor engine and do the rebuild myself. NO i am not a mechanic but this 4.7 is easy to do. The timing chains looks a little intimidating but if you watch you tube you can do it. If you have the time and you don't need it for work Monday doing it yourself is a blast. If you have a local machine shop and your heads are not trashed just have them re-do them and today any machine shop worth its reputation already knows the history on these heads and can make them right. My saving grace was a motor with a rock solid bottom end. buy a quality or OEM engine gasket set and go for it. When I started reading the reviews of all the reman manufactures out there it sounded like a horror movie with warranty, core charges, shipping, calls and emails going unanswered I just didn't want to deal with that. Plus i had one thing on my side, Time!! If you have the time go ahead and find a donor motor put that thing on a stand and start wrenching.

OP
OP
G

Goliat6288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
thats the way i was thinking of going but just wanted to know if the remans were any good.

i did the timing belt this year through out last winter and it was a blast. and i also used youtube as a means to learn how to do it. however i have yet to see a video on removing heads and everything else which i guess i can cross that bridge when i buy the donor engine.

thanks for the response

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the heads are pretty simple. two pvc hoses on the rear one left and one right, the flat foil looking ground strap that goes to both heads then to fire wall and well of course the intake and stuff. Its not a bad job. Dodge made it pretty easy with the 4.7 the heads and cams lifters all come off as one unit. well you have the right side and left side of course but they come off intact.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
A friend of mine has an 01 Dakota, that he just had a reman engine installed (4.7). He doesn't have many miles on it yet, but is very happy with it thus far. He had a long wait as apparently most of the parts are sourced out of China, shipped to the US and installed in the block and tested here. I don't exactly remember what the warranty is on it, but I think that it is within the realm of possibility to get a good engine form one of the reman companies. Sorry I don't remember who the engine supplier was, but if your interested I can find out. PM me or reply to my post and I'll be happy to get any info you want.

Mike

Orange whip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a machine shop out of Ft. Lauderdale Florida and just did the swap. Rebuiltengines.com 2 year warranty unlimited miles. 4.7 re mfg long block.