Remflex Gasket & AFE Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpstateNY2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm hoping someone can help me out with a couple of questions. I recently joined the broken bolt exhaust manifold club and decided to replace the OEM manifolds with AFE headers and Remflex gaskets. After reading up on the process and watching some youtube videos of the repair, I got the passenger side manifold off without too much trouble. I used a titanium wrap on the passenger side header and went to bolt it on. That's when I noticed the Remflex gaskets I ordered (6022) don't line up exactly to the header. I've included some pictures of the driver-side header to give you an idea. There is a bit of an overhang. When I ordered the gaskets I inquired if these gaskets would fit with the AFE headers and was told they would.

Does this look right?

I started on the driver's side and quickly learned it is going to be a tight fit. Any tips on dealing with the dipstick? Also, should I use the leftover titanium wrap to wrap the components on the driver's side? I'm a little nervous about the heat.

I appreciate any help. Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG-3370.jpg
    IMG-3370.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-3369.jpg
    IMG-3369.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-3368.jpg
    IMG-3368.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 52

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that's how they fit.

All you have to make sure that matches up are the D shaped exhaust ports and the bolt holes.

Make sure you clean the cylinder head mounting area (the part where the gasket is going to sit) so you get a good seal. Brass brisle brush or scotch brite pad is enough.

They heads are AL so a razor or steel brushes can gouge.

I put mine on by going up from under the truck, from the cat side and just bent the dipstick mounting tab to clear the tubes using two pliers.

Mine aren't coated or wrapped haven't had any issues.

OP
OP
U

UpstateNY2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that's how they fit.

All you have to make sure that matches up are the D shaped exhaust ports and the bolt holes.

Make sure you clean the cylinder head mounting area (the part where the gasket is going to sit) so you get a good seal. Brass brisle brush or scotch brite pad is enough.

They heads are AL so a razor or steel brushes can gouge.

I put mine on by going up from under the truck, from the cat side and just bent the dipstick mounting tab to clear the tubes using two pliers.

Mine aren't coated or wrapped haven't had any issues.
Thanks for the reply. I'll be doing the drive side this afternoon. I ended up giving Remflex a call directly. It looks like I was sent the wrong gaskets for my installation per Remflex I should have been directed to a different item number. I'm a bit pissed because I inquired with Summit Racing before I ordered the gaskets. The rep assured me they would fit. Unfortunately, I'll be using the gaskets that came with the headers. I'm sure they will be fine but it's not what I wanted to use.

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you’re like me it’ll bug you for a while and then you’ll forget.

Hope it all works out for you!