Remote amp wire to fuse box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesly21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hey everyone,

So I can’t remember if I saw it on here or if it was on YouTube, but I just recently bought a subwoofer package and everything to wire it up for my 2021 warlock. I saw online or on this forum that I could run my remote wire for my amp to the F65 fuse under the hood. It says “spare” with a 10A fuse in it. Does anyone know if this is a fused accessory slot for 12v power on ignition? Or is it just a spare spot for a fuse? I’ve seen some other ways people have gone about it, but this was a way that stuck out to me as a pretty clean setup without getting a T harness or splicing into a 12v outlet.

What’s going in is 2, 10” sundown audio SD-4 subs, a down4sound 800+ Watt monoblock amp with the factory 8.4” touchscreen and non alpine 6 speaker setup. I’ve already upgraded the door speakers to 3-way 6x9s in front and rear doors and kicker 3.5” in the dash.

Not alot of that is relevant to my question, but just in case anyone that was willing to answer my question would have all details upfront. Thanks in advance!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Id wire direct to battery with a good fuse block.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
depends on the amps current draw.

WVengineer_n_Pa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have the 20 warlock and figure they're the same. Checked with the meter and the F65 fuse is ignition power, so good on that account. As for the current, remotes are very small signals that just let the amp know to turn on, you can use a 1 or 2 amp and be fine. Only if you plan on hooking up more then 3 or 4 amplifiers would ya have to worry.

OP
OP
W

wesly21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Have the 20 warlock and figure they're the same. Checked with the meter and the F65 fuse is ignition power, so good on that account. As for the current, remotes are very small signals that just let the amp know to turn on, you can use a 1 or 2 amp and be fine. Only if you plan on hooking up more then 3 or 4 amplifiers would ya have to worry.
Really appreciate you checking that for me! Hard for me to get around to doing things like as I work 2nd shift and don’t get off until midnight. For the foreseeable future I only plan on having this one amp so I’ll probably won’t go any bigger than 2amp.

OP
OP
W

wesly21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Just wanted to update you guys and thank you for helping with my questions. I ran my remote wire to the #65 fuse and finished installing my system 2 days ago, just haven’t gotten around to posting it with being so busy with work. Extremely happy with this setup but will either need a better battery or a bigger alternator as my headlights dim when hitting hard bass notes

Attachments

• 23E9E1F7-9FB4-4FC1-A794-DD2B588AAE1F.jpeg
    23E9E1F7-9FB4-4FC1-A794-DD2B588AAE1F.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 23

MuleDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to update you guys and thank you for helping with my questions. I ran my remote wire to the #65 fuse and finished installing my system 2 days ago, just haven’t gotten around to posting it with being so busy with work. Extremely happy with this setup but will either need a better battery or a bigger alternator as my headlights dim when hitting hard bass notes
I am glad you got your beats installed. I would recommend two piece to your system. 1. Upgrade you battery to an Optimum Red cap & 2. Maybe a capacitor (if the lights keep dimming after the battery install). I have a cap in my ‘96 Chevy Caprice (MuleDawg) with a red cap and pushing two 15s orions and I have no dim, just power. Good luck

OP
OP
W

wesly21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I am glad you got your beats installed. I would recommend two piece to your system. 1. Upgrade you battery to an Optimum Red cap & 2. Maybe a capacitor (if the lights keep dimming after the battery install). I have a cap in my ‘96 Chevy Caprice (MuleDawg) with a red cap and pushing two 15s orions and I have no dim, just power. Good luck
appreciate the advice! i was looking at upgrading either the battery or going with a bigger alternator but i do think im going to go with a new battery before i swap the alternator.

chrisco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
Just wanted to update you guys and thank you for helping with my questions. I ran my remote wire to the #65 fuse and finished installing my system 2 days ago, just haven’t gotten around to posting it with being so busy with work. Extremely happy with this setup but will either need a better battery or a bigger alternator as my headlights dim when hitting hard bass notes wire did you use
how do you know what wire to use to tap into fuse #65?

OP
OP
W

wesly21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
how do you know what wire to use to tap into fuse #65?
Someone that commented on this post when I first was doing the installation had checked to see if that fuse was ignition power or not. Basically just using a multimeter to verify if the power was on when the key was turned to acc or to start up the truck and that there was no power when the truck was off.

george55378

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone,

So I can’t remember if I saw it on here or if it was on YouTube, but I just recently bought a subwoofer package and everything to wire it up for my 2021 warlock. I saw online or on this forum that I could run my remote wire for my amp to the F65 fuse under the hood. It says “spare” with a 10A fuse in it. Does anyone know if this is a fused accessory slot for 12v power on ignition? Or is it just a spare spot for a fuse? I’ve seen some other ways people have gone about it, but this was a way that stuck out to me as a pretty clean setup without getting a T harness or splicing into a 12v outlet.

What’s going in is 2, 10” sundown audio SD-4 subs, a down4sound 800+ Watt monoblock amp with the factory 8.4” touchscreen and non alpine 6 speaker setup. I’ve already upgraded the door speakers to 3-way 6x9s in front and rear doors and kicker 3.5” in the dash.

Not alot of that is relevant to my question, but just in case anyone that was willing to answer my question would have all details upfront. Thanks in advance!
Remote turn on? Color blue?