remote start resets radio settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyNails90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i recently had an alarm and remote start combo installed on my truck and every morning when i use the remote start it resets all my settings on the radio back to factory. i took it back to the place that installed it and they tried to get it to reset for them but it wouldnt. i did some testing at home and it only resets the radio after the truck has been sitting for a while. has anyone had this problem before or know what could cause this?

my truck is a 05 ram 1500 4.7, my radio is a pioneer DEH-73bt/DEH-7300bt, and the alarm and remote start combo is excalibur AL-1630-EDPB.

hope someone can help me. it really annoying having to reprogram my radio every time i use the remote start. i hope this is not a repost thread. i searched the audio/electronics section and didnt find anything like my problem.

thanks
russ

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
So it only happens when you remote start. What about if the truck is sitting and you start it with the key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RustyNails90

RustyNails90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if its been sitting and i start it with the key it dont reset the radio.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. :) Odd issue I haven't heard of. Bumping so we can help you figure it out.

OP
OP
RustyNails90

RustyNails90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! Yea I dont understand why it's doing this but its really annoying having to redo all my settings after I use the remote start. I just replaced my alternator a few weeks ago because it cut out and I was just running on the battery, when I replaced that I went ahead and got a yellow top battery too so I dont think any of those things would cause this.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If they pulled constant power for your remote starter from the same lead as your constant power for your stereo, the drop in voltage could cause this to happen.

I'd be taking that back to the installer and tell'em to sort it out.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I agree with the above. They should go back and fix it if that's what they did. Find a different constant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RustyNails90

RustyNails90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just stopped by there today and told them it seems to only happen when it sits for a bit so I left it there over night so maybe in the morning it will reset for them so they can find out what's causeing it. I was trying to get some input on it so i can get it figured out. Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow saying its fixed.

OP
OP
RustyNails90

RustyNails90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I just got the truck back and I guess the radio wouldnt reset for them again even though it sat there all night. They ended up runing my constant for the radio to the constant for the alarm so hopfully it will be fixed now. I talked to one of the installers and he said he's been working there since 97 and he has never had anyone come back with the problem I was having. Hopefully it is fixed now. Thanks for all your inputs!

ramfanatic

Banned
Reaction score
the constant for the alarm should not be hooked up to the constant for the radio it will cause the same problem the constant for the alarm should come from the wires running up the dash i have been installing radio's and security systems for about 35 years

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca