Replaced Incandescent Bulbs In Ram Box With LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2021 RAM Limited 2500 has incandescent light bulbs inside the Ram Box, why? All the lights in that vehicle are LED. The bulb size is 194 and I ordered four LED bulbs off of Amazon. Luyed is the brand name and they are CANBUS ready, so there are no codes or error messages. This is the only brand LED I have ever used on my Dodge products without issue. The install is easy and straight forward. Remove the light housing, I use two small screw drivers. You will see a small black tab on the housing. Slightly push that up with the tip of one screw driver and the use the other to gentle pry the housing out. Pull the old bulb out and slip the new LED in. Replace the housing and your finished. As a rule of thumb I always wear a rubber glove when handling the light bulbs to prevent any oils from your skin coating the bulb, they will pop if they get hot and there is oil on them. A link to the bulbs I purchased is below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V6F543Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I would have swore my 2020 1500 Limited had LEDs. I will look.

Thanks for the tip and link

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For anyone with a 5th gen (DT) beware that the LED's cms1528 posted will not work for you. Those are for 4th gen 1500's and 2500's. The lights on the 5th gen ramboxes are different.

The rambox lights on my Laramie were incandescent, not LED. I upgraded them to LED. They are a lot brighter now. I'll try to find a link to the lights I used and add that to this post.

Update: Here's a link to the LED's I bought for my old 2020 Laramie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cms1528

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are correct the lights you have linked do not fit the a 2021 RAM 2500 Rambox