Replacement Grille Guard Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noel VanSpoor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drive a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel and am not a fan of the stock cheesy plastic louver-style grille guard.

I tried to buy 1 through some online vendor; maybe American Trucks and it said it would fit but did not. It required the honeycomb style grille to attach to.

I like the billet style grilles with the thin stripes, don't need anything fancy with lights and don't want to spend more than $200-300. Any suggestions?

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
There’s lots of options on eBay. You could also spend a bit more and recoup your costs by selling your current grill. There’s a thread about changing to a Big Horn grill. Lots like that look.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unsolicited advice here, but the billet grille I put on my 2001 would sing between 35 and 55 mph and go up an octave at 70. It makes sense since they're like a reed in a woodwind. It wasn't so bad I couldn't stand it, but it's noticeable. My first drive with it, I had to pull over because I thought one of my wheel bearings was going out.

section-image-5f8e810f8782d1.02935802-1x.png

OP
OP
Noel VanSpoor

Noel VanSpoor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, good to know. I kind of like the 4 separate section look. I think I can buy replacement grilles for each section. Are you familiar with those at all? I like the ram in the middle and don't realky want to lose that, and I definitely don't want to replace with the big RAM letters or anything like that. Its a woman's truck so I don't want a big burley grille.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, the inserts were out of the question because I needed a whole new assembly. I opted for the whole grille because mine was falling apart. The cheap, so-called chrome was wrinkling and peeling off the plastic grille, and most of the plastic attachment tabs were broken. What sealed the deal was when I was going through a car wash, and the bug deflector that was held in between the grille and hood went flying.

The one pictured was exactly what I had been wanting since I bought the truck new - an all-metal grille with real chrome. It's dad's truck now, and the grille still looks good.

I just wish LMCTruck sold one for 4th Gens.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am replacing my current stock 2016 Sports grille with an aftermarket grille. In all my searches I have found that almost all the replacement grilles on Amazon and e-bay are cheap plastic replicas that are way poorer quality than factory grilles----however, they are a lot lot cheaper than the OEM. Good luck in your search
Jay

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced my OEM honeycomb with this fleaBay replacement. No major install issues, only had to add a couple of tie down points w/ pushpins . I do get a little bit of the black coming off from a nasty bug hit but a bit of flat black paint (1-2 pinhead size) solves the issue.

Q6MO4Jq.jpg

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$20 and time if you plastidip.

can be a good option.

FC9489DD-E40B-49CA-A0FB-64D8AFF62923.jpeg

EB596092-AD1E-4B7F-B762-EE1AF368DCB8.jpeg