Replacing top leather seat cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgraz1187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 2020 ram longhorn with new saddle interior, I went to the carwash today to vacuum out the truck and the hose dropped some kind of blue dye over the back of my front passenger seat. I found the part number for the right seatback cover in new saddle, but how hard is this to replace? Can I unzip this somewhere or should I just send this to the dealer.

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You need a Pro.

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk [emoji3513]

Ed Ross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not sure about the newer models, but I have replaced cushions and upholstery covers on the driver's seat of a buddy's 08 1500. It wasn't hard. Make sure you raise the seat to the highest position first to access the bolts, because you will have to remove the seat. This will make the replacement easier as well. Do not disconnect the seats with the ignition switch on. Before disconnecting the seat harness, remove the key (or disconnect the battery) or you'll get airbag codes pop up. The covers should just slip on and off the cushion after unhooking them from the seat. I've done mid 2000's model BMW's as well the same way. You can do them yourself, but if you feel uncomfortable about it, I'm sure an upholstery shop can do it for little money. Hope that helps.