Rim and tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braggi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've recently purchased my first truck nothing fancy 2017 ram tradesman edition. I love the truck. It has 22-in rims that came on the truck and I really like the rims but want to put bigger tires. I plan on leveling it out with a two and a half inch leveling kit on the front My question is will I then be able to keep these rims and put meatier tires on it or am I going to have to go down in rim size to put bigger tires on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Don’t have to, but you will have more tire options at 20” or 18” .... But wait, A Tradesman with 22’s ? That’s unusual ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Braggi

Braggi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes very unusual I believe they are the RT rims at one point it had a remote start power locks and an aftermarket alarm and it as well . Yet all that stuff was pulled out I think when they certified it at the ram dealership they even took the actuators lol

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally I would run 17" wheels. Tires cost less, better ride, and you likely won't beat up the rims if I you off road because youll have enough rubber sidewall.