Rookie diesel/dodge owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantRepeat

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins stock
So, I inherited a 2010 crew cab 6.7 long bed from my FIL. It has just over 82k miles on it and is one owner.

My working knowledge with diesels is nothing more then HMMWVs in the Army from back in the 80s. I can remember glow plugs and controllers and the headaches they caused if you didn't actually wait for the wait to start light, which many privates didn't!

A friend of mine has a 2010 6.7 and has told me the WTS light doesn't really matter on modern diesels. I find that hard to believe. Seems they put it there for a reason. Granted these motors don't have glow plugs but still. So just how critical is the WTS nowadays?

Thanks

Last edited:

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Did your FIL wait to start?

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On my 5.9, I would wait for the light on that dash to go out in cold weather.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I always wait. Grid heaters seem to warm up faster than the old glow plug arrangement.

OP
OP
CantRepeat

CantRepeat

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins stock
Did your FIL wait to start?

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk

Na, that guy turned the key as fast as he could and never shut it down until end game.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
In the winter I'll give it a few for the grid heater to warm up but the summer I pretty much just wait a couple seconds for everything to power up then crank it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thread closed, posts in violation of the rules were deleted.

One avatar removed to prevent further discussion that resulted in the actions by staff in this thread.

If there is a repeat of such behavior here or elsewhere on the forum the participants will be banned.

Rules:

4. No serious bashing of other members or member's family. If it's out of fun, that's fine. If you really have a problem with someone, report it to admin/super mod or try to resolve it through PMs. Do not take it to the public boards or both will have the chance of being suspended/banned.

11. Political opinions and views are an extremely touchy subject, Please refrain from such posts. To keep keep RamForum a drama free environment, we will remove posts pertaining to political topics, views, and or opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.