Run fast !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Chappell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
********! When a manufacturer delivers a high ticket item to market with significant electrical and mechanical flaws - they absolutely deserve criticism. Without it - complacency follows. And we pay the price. Shout me down if it makes you feel better about your commitment to a brand. It it serves no one except billionaire executives.

Get a grip.

Also, Chrysler is owned by FIAT. Anybody remember what FIAT stood for in the 80s? In case you forgot, it was fix it again Tony. So don’t spout ******** about how Chevy sucked ten years ago, that has nothing to do with where we are now.

Expect more

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Another satisfied customer

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have literally ZERO brand loyalty so I'm far from defending the brand. As my previous posts stated, every manufacturer makes crap. It's not a question of being complacent. It's being realistic. From his lashing out I'd guess he took the same attitude from the moment he drove his truck to the dealer. And if I was the service writer, I'd show you the door if you acted that way towards me before I deserved it. Once you understand that all vehicles are **** in one way or another, you'll realize it's not about brand loyalty. I'm (other members also) not defending Ram as a whole. He very possibly got a "bad" truck. But also may just be his attitude towards having the smallest inconvenience being the end of the world making the dealer not work with him on the repairs while it was out of warranty.

Robeffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
my buddy wanted to buy a 2019 Ford Diesel 2500. Not sure why Ford, does not matter.

Anyways, he waited too long to make an offer at the dealership, and of course it was sold.

He was told that the next Diesel Ford 2500 they expect to get would be in 1 to 1 1/2 years from now! Approximate price on the used 2019 diesel was $98k Cdn.

The guy who traded in the 2019 paid $129k for a new 2021 2500 Diesel.

Don't sell what you've got until you have a firm, firm deal on the next truck!

big-red-truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your thinking about a purchase of a 3500 ram dually Don’t do it ! I have a 2018 Laramie and it’s been nothing but problems, first radio goes out , then the ABS light comes on and at 59k miles corporate says it’s my problem, soon won’t be I ordered a new Chevrolet high country and this pile of junk is gone ! The def is now giving issues and I’m done dealing with this bucket of junk ! This was my third dually , my wife has grand Cherokee limited my mom has grand Cherokee Laredo along with my daughter in law. With all they seen me go through they will no longer along with myself buy Chrysler products ever again . This thing is absolutely awful on fuel mileage too , pulls 9k and gets 9.9 mpg . This truck is got to be the biggest let down for the price we paid for it that I ever owned . I saved 2 small companies from buying Ram trucks and I’m absolutely telling anyone that’s thinking about a purchase of a ram truck to think real hard before they do it and I definitely tell them all my nightmares I have . I’m done in December me and Ram trucks are getting a divorce!

I just bought a 2021 Laramie 3500 Single Rear Wheel, thus far its been the best RAM I ever had. I have had 2 Power Wagons and 3 2500 Deisels in the past. This truck is amazing and I regularly run it at high altitudes (8,500 ft +)

My last other brand was a 2018 Chevy Duramax, we have some property in the Colorado Mountains, the high point is at 9,000 ft. After half a dozen trips home in limp mode I had the Chevy dealer tell me "Actually the system is doing exactly what it's supposed to... if you never want to see limp mode then never take long drives, and never let it idle" That stupid advice sent me off to the local RAM dealer, traded the limp mode chevy off that same afternoon and I have had nothing but great experiences with every RAM I've had since...

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are all great until they aren’t. Don’t think I’ll ever own a truck past it’s warranty again.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Perhaps you forgot or are too young to remember the junk Diesels that Chevrolet dumped on the people back in the 80s, it wasn’t an isolated case but every engine. They were such a bad failure that it killed the Diesel market for years so bad Mercedes quit importing theirs for several years. I just can’t forgive that deliberate action.
My Dad bought an '82 Chevy Caprice station wagon with the diesel. I was told they were basically gasoline v8 engines, converted to diesel (not sure if this is true). POS. He got rid of ours after about a year.

A buddy of mine had a Chevy Suburban with the diesel, and it took a dump right there on the road, threw a rod out the lower side of the block. All she wrote.

Last edited:

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
My Dad bought an '82 Chevy Caprice station wagon with the diesel. I was told they were basically gasoline v8 engines, converted to diesel (not sure if this is true). POS. He got rid of ours after about a year.

A buddy of mine had a Chevy Suburban with the diesel, and it took a dump right there on the road, threw a rod out the lower side of the block. All she wrote.

Yep - Oldsmobile 350 gas engine, a little beefed up, converted to diesel, they also had a 260 in a Cutlass. I made a ton of money doing head gaskets on them, but they also made me become a service advisor, gawd I hated doing them, one of the worst jobs in the business

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep - Oldsmobile 350 gas engine, a little beefed up, converted to diesel, they also had a 260 in a Cutlass. I made a ton of money doing head gaskets on them, but they also made me become a service advisor, gawd I hated doing them, one of the worst jobs in the business
I had a 68 Cutlass Supreme, 2 door, rag top with the 350 Jetfire gas. Not a super lot of horsepower, but ran fine and was fun to drive. Just had to stay after the AC Delco Brakes in those years and keep tuned. But it was fun to cruise on the shore with the top down, LOL.

Last edited:

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
They are all great until they aren’t. Don’t think I’ll ever own a truck past it’s warranty again.
That's been our strategy with the Ford SUVs. We had a water pump fail in warranty on our last Explorer, and I'd rather have payments than repair bills like that could have been. RAM's a bit different story. A lot of the goofier high price stuff (like radio) I'm comfortable pulling from a wrecker and swapping myself.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

I had one of those gm cars with a diesel. It was fine as long as you didn't want to pass any one. Lol. Put a gas 305 or something like that in it. After that diesel it felt like a dragster. Lol