RUST HOLES ON 2015 RAM BEDSIDE WITH 12,000 MILES ????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry fabich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everybody just seeing if this is a common issue. My rust is on the right side bed side at the 10 a clock on the wheel well arch. I went to the dealer and they took pics and sent the info off to Ram . I got a reject letter back saying they can do nothing. I stopped back at the dealer to talk to service manager. He seems crabby as to why i want him to look at bedside but he finally says bring it in . We walk over to the truck i show him the bedside in the wheel arch he looks at me and says sir a bedside is not a outer panel . I looked at him and i say o really ok show me an outer panel on this truck he keeps saying he cant over ride a reject and that is not an outer panel. I say the warranty clearly states outer panel painted the color of truck has to have rust holes and seen walking around truck i say gez i meet every requirement . He looks at me and says no thats not an outer panel . So i google what is an outer panel on a car sure enough says any panel painted or molded welded screwed or glued to inter structure . Now i guess he is speechless and says i cant help you. So get home and call Ram they are now saying i have to prove the metal was substandard and the is what caused the rust and holes. Like really the corrosion policy stated 3 simple things to get repairs outer panel color of car and holes and be able to see walking around truck. Then after i point out i meet every part of the rust warranty 5 years 100,000 miles . Then the change directions and say o ram doesnt cover fenders doors hoods bedsides or tailgates. So now again i say look at your 5 yrs corrosion policy . Getting to big run around suppose to call me back .

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Seems a bit odd, but 4-4.5 years after being built, up in the rust belt (where there's prolly as much salt on the roads as asphalt), I could see it happening...

RHeller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree...we need pics a 2015 with only 12,000 miles???

oldguy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're getting screwed by someone. When the doors on my Dakota rotted they replaced them with no problems to me. I shouldn't say no problem because they never after several attempts were able to match the paint. I got no argument about replacing them though.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here in AZ, 900K miles and we won't surface rust on our suspension parts! :)

Pictures would be nice.

Again - here is a reminder to all of you who live in the rust belt zone or states.

remove your tail lights and spray water off the support structure that hold the bed sides on. Wash the dirt and mud away that trap water.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry if I missed it, but was there a bedliner on this truck? I suppose it shouldn't matter either way. That's insane to have rust-through on a 2015! Friend of mine has a 2015 and another a 2016. There's are spotless and we live in Buffalo NY. I'd try another dealer. I know I've approached two different make/model vehicles service depts on rust issues just outside of warranty and got them covered when I offered to pay some of it. My part was less than 10% of the cost both times.

You have to stay calm and cool about it and persist saying you don't feel this is right and you will keep going up the chain of command.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man, lets say that happens on a 5 year lease and you go to turn that lease in. What now?!