S&B Intake 6.4 Hemi

W5RCD

Reaction score
I put one on my 2014 2500 6.4 Hemi. Also, a 4" cat back exhaust. I can't say it really increased my performance, but it did my fuel economy. I won't give any figures because trolls will start causing trouble. But, if I had it to do again, this intake and exhaust would be the first things I would do. I did to with the oiled filter.

Ramrodd

Reaction score
Just towed with it today and it sounds great. I’m pretty sure I’m getting better fuel mileage than before too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Update on my S&B intake. I've had one small problem, a couple of times, the conical filter fell off the tube, just reinstalled. From a performance perspective, it definitely runs better and tows better with the side plug in place, sounds better open, but performs way better closed.

About tree fiddy

Reaction score
Intakes are a waste of money unless you're going to also increase the exhaust side (headers and back). Even then the increase is negligible and could potentially harm your engine. Letting more air into the engine means the filter won't filter as much.

These trucks are expensive, and it would be a shame to introduce variables that can potentially impact the reliability of the engine in the long run for a few horse power.

Would not mess with the engine in these trucks, specially if you use it to tow/haul stuff like me.

But that's probably the 40 year old in me talking. I was heavily into the GM LS engine scene back in the day and learned alot about modifications, what works and what doesn't.

Towing with a loud truck would get annoying real quick, But good luck with whatever you decide.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Intakes are a waste of money unless you're going to also increase the exhaust side (headers and back). Even then the increase is negligible and could potentially harm your engine. Letting more air into the engine means the filter won't filter as much.

These trucks are expensive, and it would be a shame to introduce variables that can potentially impact the reliability of the engine in the long run for a few horse power.

Would not mess with the engine in these trucks, specially if you use it to tow/haul stuff like me.

But that's probably the 40 year old in me talking. I was heavily into the GM LS engine scene back in the day and learned alot about modifications, what works and what doesn't.

Towing with a loud truck would get annoying real quick, But good luck with whatever you decide.

Not going to hurt anything. Modern engines are throttle by wire. AFR is ECU controlled. You can put all the air you want in front that of that throttle body, the computer is only going to allow so much through since it's metered. If you want to take advantage of more air in, or more air out, you'll need tuning to do so since that is going to effect the fuel map.

It's interesting to watch throttle position in modern vehicles. Apps like TorquePro will let you monitor throttle position. You can floor it, but the throttle body is only opening to 60-80%, then dropping down to 50% and fluctuating up as needed to maintain a specific AFR throughout the RPM range and fuel map.

About tree fiddy

Reaction score
Not going to hurt anything. Modern engines are throttle by wire. AFR is ECU controlled. You can put all the air you want in front that of that throttle body, the computer is only going to allow so much through since it's metered. If you want to take advantage of more air in, or more air out, you'll need tuning to do so since that is going to effect the fuel map.

It's interesting to watch throttle position in modern vehicles. Apps like TorquePro will let you monitor throttle position. You can floor it, but the throttle body is only opening to 60-80%, then dropping down to 50% and fluctuating up as needed to maintain a specific AFR throughout the RPM range and fuel map.

Very true. Also the more free flowing filters will let more dirt into the engine.

ConsecVINs

Reaction score
Ive run S&B on a ton of vehicles and really liked them. The fit and finish on this was not as good as in the past in my opinion on my other vehicles. I keep finding the cover popped off on my black one. I added the pre filter or cover as well. Remaining factory with the other truck for now. Look up project farm on youtube and that guy will change your mind on high flow filters amongst other things.

Attachments

• s&b.jpg
    s&b.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1

Firebird

Reaction score
Ive run S&B on a ton of vehicles and really liked them. The fit and finish on this was not as good as in the past in my opinion on my other vehicles. I keep finding the cover popped off on my black one. I added the pre filter or cover as well. Remaining factory with the other truck for now. Look up project farm on youtube and that guy will change your mind on high flow filters amongst other things.
My cover did the same thing, so I reported it to S&B. One of their reps emailed me with a question, and immediately mailed me a new lid, excellent customer service! New lid is a perfect fit.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Very true. Also the more free flowing filters will let more dirt into the engine.
Must not let a bunch of dirt in cause I have used K&N on my last 3 vehicles. All traded with over 100k on them with NO oil consumption. Are they worth the money, absolutely not. But they look & sound cool. Just like exhaust, does it REALLY gain you much HP & save fuel? No not for the money. But again, looks & sounds cool!