Safety Recall ZA3 - Transmission Dipstick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
flashman, if I were you I'd call a couple different dealers nearby and see if they have the parts or if they can get the parts relatively quickly. See what other dealers are saying and compare it to yours.

My dealer simply went ahead and did this recall on any trucks on their lot that needed it (for example, mine, which already had the recall done when I purchased it), as well as ordered some in for those in the field.

Not all dealers are created equal, there are plenty of bad ones out there. But you also need to develop a working relationship with your dealer's service department - I have a great one, and can get pretty much anything done quickly if I need it.
Definitely do not disagree with you. But at this point, ram cares did something because I am now getting calls and emails to get this recall completed.... but guess what, no parts and all I hear is they are allowed to only order 2 per month at my dealership. After emailing and reaching out to RAM cares on here, all I was emailed to do was contact my dealer and get on a waitlist.

I guess what bugs is I had already done that since feb of this year. I thought I was already on a list. And now RAM cares creates this post, I do a dog and pony show and go through a few circles with them to end up right back where I started but now I get frequent annoying phone calls and emails about this recall.... that I still cannot get resolved lol.

So basically take an annoying situation and make it more annoying is all thats happened by reaching out to RAM cares as they asked. So now I am really trying to figure out if they really wanted to help by making this post or were just looking to gather information on how many people are still out there trying to get this recall done. They could of just made a post with a poll if all they were doing was trying to gather info because they sure didnt help me.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
All I got was a barrage of phone calls from my dealer asking me if I wanted to sell my truck.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I went to the dealer the other day to see if I could get the Y43 (missing sensor) recall done and was told they would have to order the parts. I asked about the transmission dipstick tube and long locking dipstick and they said mine had already been done. So I asked if they could look and see that that part of it hasn’t been done and I got the old eye roll They did install the 90* transmission vent and the short 15” dipstick before I purchased the truck. Anyhow we’ll see how it goes in October when my appointment is.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat