SaS 08 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newjackle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for any insight into doing a solid axle swap on my 08 dodge ram. Something ive been considering doing for quite some time now. One of the problems I know I will have to deal with is the slip yoke transfer case.

Anyone with any solid info on this subject is welcomed!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Simple answer is model it off the Power Wagon, and see how the parts integrate into the 1500 frame, will take some custom mounting for the coils and I will assume the control arm mounts at the frame will be completely different.

But I'm thinking the ABS systems may work without issue and all the rest should compliment since its from the same family of vehicle.

But I assume you will be doing coil and link not leafs?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and thinking of it just as I posted, also look into a 1995-2002 model tear 1500 that had a solid axle. probably can rob a lot of parts and geometry from that too if the power wagon doesn't work. Just not sure how the ABS system will take to it, since I don't know how the knuckes are set up on those older years if they are set up with a unit bearing with the front abs reluctor ring.

OP
OP
N

Newjackle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and thinking of it just as I posted, also look into a 1995-2002 model tear 1500 that had a solid axle. probably can rob a lot of parts and geometry from that too if the power wagon doesn't work. Just not sure how the ABS system will take to it, since I don't know how the knuckes are set up on those older years if they are set up with a unit bearing with the front abs reluctor ring.

Yes I was thinking of snagging a parts truck from those years. Yea I would for sure go with coil over. I have all the tools and a very good general knowledge of fabricating and im quite meticulous so this will be no farm job haha.

Ive seen vids of trucks like mine with the swap done so i know it is quite doable. I would do both rear and front for obvious reasons.

If I could find the unicorn 3rd gen 2500 single cab short box in canada I would own it haha. Sadly they are of an extremely rare breed up here.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't know they made a single cab short bed 2500.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I was thinking of snagging a parts truck from those years. Yea I would for sure go with coil over. I have all the tools and a very good general knowledge of fabricating and im quite meticulous so this will be no farm job haha.

Ive seen vids of trucks like mine with the swap done so i know it is quite doable. I would do both rear and front for obvious reasons.

If I could find the unicorn 3rd gen 2500 single cab short box in canada I would own it haha. Sadly they are of an extremely rare breed up here.

You could always buy a single cab regular bed 2500 and convert it to a short bed. I have seen a lot of pictures of this. You have to cut the frame but most people get it done nicely