Scotty Kilmer comes down hard on the 2019 RAM 1500's reliability/durability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kathyricks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Cites owner fustrations trying to get dealerships to fix numerous issues:

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't watch the video but could the issues be because it's a new platform and dealers don't have full support from RAM yet?

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
that's why you don't buy the first year out because lots of **** goes wrong

Agreed, and it's too bad. Seems like the manufacturer's rush to get the "new and improved" model out trumps fully testing them. Been this way forever and with pretty much anything sold. I bought a first year (new model) Acura Integra way back when and it was a disaster. That was my learning curve right there. I specifically bought an 18 Ram in Oct 18 because it was tried and true. I liked the 19's and was interested in the new technology, but needed a truck now and didn't want to be an unpaid beta tester for a year. Just a fact of life, if you want to be first on the block, you're gonna have to put up with growing pains.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
That guy is annoying AF and knowing what I've seen from him in the past he's probably going to recommend the stone age Toyota Tundra in the end. Him showing a picture of a 15 year old RAM on the back of a wrecker is all I needed to see to not look any further.

Hah! You aren't kidding! I got motion sickness watching him waving his hands all over while talking. Looking behind him, he's got the hood open on some old ass beater car, and there's old oil jugs, gas cans and general garbage strewn up and down his driveway. His shop is probably his driveway. I'm also guessing he hasn't ever touched a new Ram or Chevy.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've never watched him, didn't know anyone did or cared! Never cared about biased opinions, if I did I would watch cnn! I am biased so I don't go to other sites or forums to trash them because I'm simply not interested in what they have to offer!