Sealing Headlight Lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I posted this in another section, but thought I might get more responses here.

I’m getting ready to install brand new OE Quad headlights and was wondering if it is worth putting a sealant or coating on the lens to help prevent oxidation and/or minor scratching? What would the best product to use be? In the past, I’ve always just put a coat of wax on the headlights when doing the rest of the vehicle. I’ve never done ceramic coatings and I’m not sure I want to buy a whole kit just to do the headlights. Thanks!

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's absolutely worth it to coat any headlight, but especially after it's been sanded and polished or just polished. Yes it'll keep it from getting oxidized and dirty just like coating your paint. I recommend Carpro DLUX but really any paint coating will do the job.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any clear coat will eventually turn yellow. I did see a video on McQuires headlight sealer that claims it won't? FWIW, Mother's will bring any plastic headlight cover back to life.