Sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I put in the KaOD Tech cable for the '18 in my truck to enable Alfa, I had to clear a humidity sensor alarm, as I unplugged the little fan/sensor thing on the knee board.

Then noticed the black box next to my mirror, which apparently is the humidity sensor. (https://www.ramforum.com/threads/black-box-by-mirror.77147/page-2#post-1174247)

So then what the heck is the little sensor by my right knee? It's behind a dinky little vent, about 3/4" x 1.5", which makes perfect sense to me as a humidity sensor (especially since it has a little dinky fan to force air through it).

I have the "mid" mirror, so not auto high/rainsense, and the black box on the windshield is under the solid black of the "fritzing", but does have some vent holes as well, but I think only on the bottom, not the top.

Oh, I did get the humidity sensor alarm again when I unplugged the one at my knee a second time when I tried to get the second screw into the trailer controller better. Darn cable is too short to not remove when the knee board is removed.

2018 Rebel, dual HVAC, still mostly (technically) stock, and I bought it off the lot from the first load of '18 non-base models at my dealer with ~268 miles on the ODO, so nothing funny should have been done by anyone.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I put in the KaOD Tech cable for the '18 in my truck to enable Alfa, I had to clear a humidity sensor alarm, as I unplugged the little fan/sensor thing on the knee board.

Then noticed the black box next to my mirror, which apparently is the humidity sensor. (https://www.ramforum.com/threads/black-box-by-mirror.77147/page-2#post-1174247)

So then what the heck is the little sensor by my right knee? It's behind a dinky little vent, about 3/4" x 1.5", which makes perfect sense to me as a humidity sensor (especially since it has a little dinky fan to force air through it).

I have the "mid" mirror, so not auto high/rainsense, and the black box on the windshield is under the solid black of the "fritzing", but does have some vent holes as well, but I think only on the bottom, not the top.

Oh, I did get the humidity sensor alarm again when I unplugged the one at my knee a second time when I tried to get the second screw into the trailer controller better. Darn cable is too short to not remove when the knee board is removed.

2018 Rebel, dual HVAC, still mostly (technically) stock, and I bought it off the lot from the first load of '18 non-base models at my dealer with ~268 miles on the ODO, so nothing funny should have been done by anyone.

The sensor behind the small vent is probably the interior ambient temperature sensor for the HVAC system.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I thought that was the IR thing in the upper center console, with the Map Lights and the HomeLink buttons?
The cabin temperature sensor is in the lower dash and the humidity/dew point sensor is on the windshield to the right of the mirror. There is also a solar sensor on the dash by the middle speaker but that is also for the auto-headlights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat