Service Department Incompetence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When the dealership changes my motor oil
they have me sign the paperwork & tell me the Go For will bring it around to the front.

He hands me the FOB & walks away, as i pop the hood, look around the cab for grease marks, etc.
Then i take my time walking around the truck, checking for dents & scrapes, rub marks on the tires, Then i lift the hood & look to see if the Engine cover is there, all the caps are on the over flows, windshield fluid, master cylinder, that the dipsticks are there.
I look for finger prints on the air cleaner box, usually the dust has not been disturbed, but the invoice reads that it needs an air cleaner.
Must have x-ray vision for that to happen.

Once you drive off the lot, they are blameless, except for the Engine Cover that the mechanic forgot to put back on.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
You can see the dealer placard in the front license plate frame of my avatar. Which reminds me I need to get their advertising off my mudflaps. Their hitch cover has been in the landfill for a few weeks.
I finally ditched the free dealership advertisement license plate cover and choose america! The land of what should be free!

Attachments

• FB24C617-C8F7-4DDB-8208-22EE93708F27.jpeg
    FB24C617-C8F7-4DDB-8208-22EE93708F27.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 10

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
There's a local dealership in Dallas that I refuse to ever take another vehicle to as long as I live. I had airbag recalls on my 05 and 06, so called and made back to back appointments - service one, then pick it up and have them service the other. Both times it took three days. Picked up the first one and there were grease footprints all over the carpet mats on both sides of the seats. Darned if they didn't do the exact same thing on the second truck. Called them on it and they back pedaled. I've also had them not replace center caps on the wheels or valve stem covers. Never again.