Service trailer brake issue after hitting curb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ccinsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys long story short a neighbors dog ran out on me and I hit a curb.immediately the service trailer brake and service electronic brake appeared.i checked damage and I broke sway bar n bend tie rod Replaced everything including wheel hub n sponsor took to Les swab for alignment/ camber hoping it would fix service lights. The service electronic braking system is fine and cleared but the service trailer brake still on. Tried clearing codes. Only code I pull up with Alfa obd is u0156 which only says lost communication with electronic overhead module. Any advice would be appreciated befor I take to dealer and empty my wallet

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Give it some time , sometimes it takes several run cycles for things to reset.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
To clarify: You hit the curb with your trailer tire?

OP
OP
C

Ccinsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No. No trailer attached. Just the front passenger tire hit curb. I know for sure the wheel hub was the issue for the service brake systems issue. Not sure if trailer brake may be related or some how is involved with one another

OP
OP
C

Ccinsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also forgot to add I have 4” lift with 35x12x20r

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
First, note if there are any other diagnostic fault codes. If any of them are bus communication related or battery / ignition related, diagnose them first. Misdiagnosis has been known to occur if you diagnose the U0156 code before any of the basic codes have been thoroughly diagnosed and dismissed.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/u0156
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

OP
OP
C

Ccinsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The only other codes are for my led bulbs I was able to clear those codes.

Gearjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I know this is a little late but I just went through something similar. I hit a curb in the snow, bad tires. It knocked the alignment out a lot. I was lucky nothing was bent. My anti-skid light came on and stayed on. I also got the Service trailer brake message. I took it to a local dealer, they quoted me the same price as other shops for an alignment.
I was told the sensors re-calibrated themselves after wheel was knocked out of alignment which caused them to come on.?

They charged me double for the alignment because it was way out! I won’t be in a hurry to go back to them. They also charged me a $160. labour to “re-calibrate the ABS module and clear related codes”. The Anti-skid light was out on the drive home. The Service trailer brake message was sporadic, so we’ll see if it comes back.