should have stayed in bed yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I went to my regular Thurs volunteer job at an old folks home and just before the drumming session was to start I went out for a quick butt but that was not the problem. The problem started when I went out to the truck 1 hour later to head on home. I searched my pockets a few times and said to myself "were are your keys" hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not being in my pockets I was going to head into the office to see if I had set them down but nope I caught a quick glimpse of them sitting ever so nicely on the passenger seat dohhhhhhhhh.

I called Roadside and within an hour I was back in my truck, mind you the fella who busted in marked up my nice wax job. Not a huge issue as I just applied two quick coats and the blemishes disappeared. I always back the truck into the garage especially with the back up camera and for the first time in 9 weeks made a boo boo. Thinking the truck was back far enough I hopped out to confirm its layout and the right rear bumper was resting against the wall.

Yikes, I immediately pulled the truck out and thought great a truck with 2000 miles will need a trip to the body shop. This part of the day ended up being a lucky part as there was not so much as a mark on the truck or the wall. When my wife arrived home she wondered why the truck was further away from the wall, I filled her in. With my failing eyesight and all the medication I am on I am looking forward to the 2 years or so I will be able to drive.

I will just need to be more careful backing in I guess:buffer::crazy::sleepy10:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I went to my regular Thurs volunteer job at an old folks home and just before the drumming session was to start I went out for a quick butt but that was not the problem. The problem started when I went out to the truck 1 hour later to head on home. I searched my pockets a few times and said to myself "were are your keys" hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not being in my pockets I was going to head into the office to see if I had set them down but nope I caught a quick glimpse of them sitting ever so nicely on the passenger seat dohhhhhhhhh.

I called Roadside and within an hour I was back in my truck, mind you the fella who busted in marked up my nice wax job. Not a huge issue as I just applied two quick coats and the blemishes disappeared. I always back the truck into the garage especially with the back up camera and for the first time in 9 weeks made a boo boo. Thinking the truck was back far enough I hopped out to confirm its layout and the right rear bumper was resting against the wall.

Yikes, I immediately pulled the truck out and thought great a truck with 2000 miles will need a trip to the body shop. This part of the day ended up being a lucky part as there was not so much as a mark on the truck or the wall. When my wife arrived home she wondered why the truck was further away from the wall, I filled her in. With my failing eyesight and all the medication I am on I am looking forward to the 2 years or so I will be able to drive.

I will just need to be more careful backing in I guess:buffer::crazy::sleepy10:

I feel your pain. My garage is 18x20 just 5 inches longer than the truck. I back in on the left side and my wife pulls on on the right side(she has a Nissan Altima) and needless to say it's tight. Luckily I have escaped almost unharmed so far. Got the mirror twice, I had the tires turned full lock once caught the tire on the 2x6 trim board and up till this point no damag to the truck all the scuffs came right off. Once I had to back in on my wife's side and there was a hook hanging out from the wall that I hang a extension cord on, backed right into it hitting the top on my tailgate just above and to the right of the handle.... Couldn't see It in the camera.... I thought to myself damn i keep hitting **** I never hit anything with my old f-350 crew cab long bed and never hit anything with my f-150 with 300,000 miles...... Shouldn't of gotten a new truck it kills a little part of me every time something happens.

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your sport should have come with uConnect at least a trial. You can unlock/lock your truck from the app. Has saved me once before.

Boompa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as the mirrors issue... that *IS* one feature I DEARLY miss on my 2011 F150 Supercrew: Power folding mirrors. It's hard to believe with all the other bells and whistles on my 2014 Longhorn they couldn't figure out how to make power folding mirrors! :banghead:

It was SO NICE to just fold the mirrors in when pulling into the garage- saving at least 18" of width. Then power folding them out after emerging from the garage. Sigh...

OTOH- the EcoBoost V6 Turbo sure didn't sound like a Hemi! :naughty:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to know I'm not the only one who has a tight fit in the garage. My passenger side tow mirror has a scuff in the plastic by hitting it on the garage shelves. Could be worse. I'm about the only one in the neighborhood who parks 2 vehicles in a 2 car garage. Sure would love a 3 car garage but got a great deal on the house. Just have to attempt to be careful.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Your sport should have come with uConnect at least a trial. You can unlock/lock your truck from the app. Has saved me once before.

I am assuming I would need a cell phone for this????? It was in the truck with the keys and indeed I have the loaded Sport:favorites13:

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah on your smartphone download the uConnect app. But that wouldn't have helped you there!