Shutter at accellaration start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrMudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bought this 2001 Dodge 1500,5.2 L , 2wd, and have been slowly bringing it back to decent driveability. today while i pulled out of the parking lot, i felt a small vibration ( about 1-2 seconds and it quit. not every acceleration it did it0. so i came home and check fluids and all besides rearend. back up it was fine, but when i took off i felt it again. brakes seem fine, good pedal. no hesitation in throttle. where might i need to look next.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I would be questioning the integrity of the torque converter.

ridinhighlivinlow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L v8
shutter at acceleration

i have a similar problem, i just bought a 97 dodge ram with a 5.9l v8. it has a 4inch suspension lift with 285's on it and after work (sitting for 8 hours) i will put it in reverse and for the first 5-15 feet it whines like the brakes are sticking or something, does anyone have any idea what this could be? The transmission was just rebuilt.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It's quite possible the torque converter has drained out over that time period and it hasn't been allowed time to refill before you make the truck move.

Djeazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi
i have a similar problem, i just bought a 97 dodge ram with a 5.9l v8. it has a 4inch suspension lift with 285's on it and after work (sitting for 8 hours) i will put it in reverse and for the first 5-15 feet it whines like the brakes are sticking or something, does anyone have any idea what this could be? The transmission was just rebuilt.

I would check you pinion angle. Due to the lift it may be out of whack. Or bad u joints?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk