Side View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
So I was driving the other day and thought I had a vehicle next to me as I was trying to change lanes. Turns out no vehicle next to me but what made me think I had one there was my mirror shaking like crazy (drivers side). Got to the gas station and found the drivers side mirror was loose. 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 crew cab. Took it to the dealer and they said that they know about this issue with the power folding mirrors. Service advisor said he believes the gears that fold the mirror in become stripped causing the mirror to wiggle. He checked and said they had the part and would fix it. An hour later he comes to me and says they can’t find the part and they will have to order it. Waiting for the phone call to bring it back in. Anyone else have this mirror problem? If so did you get it fixed and did the repair hold? I use the fold in a lot because of tight parking in my carport so I don’t want to have to keep replacing this mirror. Oh and yes it’s being covered under warranty.

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was driving the other day and thought I had a vehicle next to me as I was trying to change lanes. Turns out no vehicle next to me but what made me think I had one there was my mirror shaking like crazy (drivers side). Got to the gas station and found the drivers side mirror was loose. 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 crew cab. Took it to the dealer and they said that they know about this issue with the power folding mirrors. Service advisor said he believes the gears that fold the mirror in become stripped causing the mirror to wiggle. He checked and said they had the part and would fix it. An hour later he comes to me and says they can’t find the part and they will have to order it. Waiting for the phone call to bring it back in. Anyone else have this mirror problem? If so did you get it fixed and did the repair hold? I use the fold in a lot because of tight parking in my carport so I don’t want to have to keep replacing this mirror. Oh and yes it’s being covered under warranty.
My 2019 had a problem with the passenger side mirror, it would not stop at the home position, it would go past then snap back several times, they had to replace the whole mirror saying it was a sealed unit, this was warranty.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk