Single to dual exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So maybe stupid question. I've got a 2016 5.7 with a single outlet exhaust. I took a look underneath and it looks like I've got all the hangers necessary to convert it to dual outlet, so I'm assuming all I'll need is the driver's side isolators and (of course) a dual exhaust system. I don't have the exhaust cutouts in my rear bumper, but I'm sure I can either adjust the tips or bend the pipes down enough to clear the bumper.

Am I missing anything here?

Also, anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to find a used takeoff dual exhaust in SW Florida? I've checked craigslist, but aside from that, I'm kinda at a loss.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might check with some local muffler shops to see what they have lying around if anything. As far as the cut outs in the bumper go the factory tips can be adjusted to come out just below the bottom of the bumper so the cut outs really aren’t necessary. More than likely you’d be better off just buying a cat back system from Magnaflow or Gibson or somebody like that. Personally I’m not a big fan of muffler shop dual exhaust systems. Generally if you want mandrel bent pipe it costs a lot more money And the quality of the welds and the hangers are usually not very good. Just my two cents worth.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are interested in an aftermarket system we can help you with a dual setup. It will add some rumble along with the looks. Some brands offer an under the rear bumper exit so you wont have to worry about clearances

OP
OP
7Kings

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might check with some local muffler shops to see what they have lying around if anything. As far as the cut outs in the bumper go the factory tips can be adjusted to come out just below the bottom of the bumper so the cut outs really aren’t necessary. More than likely you’d be better off just buying a cat back system from Magnaflow or Gibson or somebody like that. Personally I’m not a big fan of muffler shop dual exhaust systems. Generally if you want mandrel bent pipe it costs a lot more money And the quality of the welds and the hangers are usually not very good. Just my two cents worth.

I was thinking of that as well. I had a nice Borla system on my Charger, but I'd rather not drop $1200 on a system right now. That being said, I see that Flowmaster has some systems around the $700 mark, and I don't think you can go wrong with Flowmaster.

Aside from the driver side isolators, am I missing anything else?