Sirius tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anyone know if the Sirius plug in the truck will work with external Sirius tuners?

I bought a jvc DD head unit and need an external tuner for the Sirius. Anyone know if the antenna wire will plug in or do I need an adapter?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i think i read that if you take the outer part of the plug off it will plug in to the aftermarket tuner

OP
OP
OutlawTrucker

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thank you Butch. Just trying to keep from having an extra unneeded antenna.

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You need SCC1 and a KCA-RA100 The clip comes off factory sirius antenna wire and plugs right in.

OP
OP
OutlawTrucker

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I already bought a Sirius tuner my radio is Sirius ready. Just gotta plug the truck wire into the tuner.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Wait wait wait... Are you guys saying I might be able to plug an aftermarket radio into my existing Sirius system? Every installer I've talked to has said a loud resounding "NO". (Best Buy guys, small shops) Is it actually possible? Like Outlaw said, I don't want another antenna.

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm saying also have a JVC (AVX-840) all I did was buy scc1 and kca-ra100, and my aftermarket has sirius with factory sirius ant. and call sirius and switched it from factory HU to aftermarket. I thought all I need was scc1, but was wrong. Buy as a pair ebay or amazon and save couple bucks. You don't need another antenna but do need the tuner "R whatever 100" It lets the JVC HU and sirius work together. Don't know bout other brands. No problems here with my JVC setup.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm saying also have a JVC (AVX-840) all I did was buy scc1 and kca-ra100, and my aftermarket has sirius with factory sirius ant. and call sirius and switched it from factory HU to aftermarket. I thought all I need was scc1, but was wrong. Buy as a pair ebay or amazon and save couple bucks. You don't need another antenna but do need the tuner "R whatever 100" It lets the JVC HU and sirius work together. Don't know bout other brands. No problems here with my JVC setup.

Cool... I was looking at a Pioneer but I'd switch to JVC for this.

Bog8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still need the after market Sirius unit to hook up to after market Head Unit. You do NOT NEED the after market Sirius Antenna. Just break off the plastic on the end of the factory Sirius antenna, and the factory Sirius antenna will fit in the aftermarket Sirius unit.

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You still need the after market Sirius unit to hook up to after market Head Unit. You do NOT NEED the after market Sirius Antenna. Just break off the plastic on the end of the factory Sirius antenna, and the factory Sirius antenna will fit in the aftermarket Sirius unit.

What he said

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Yeah, I'm okay with buying and mounting the new tuner, just not looking forward to a new antenna. I'm thinking now that factory antenna will fit pretty much any aftermarket tuner.. I'll have to research. Now if I can find somewhere to put that stupid mic for the BT

OP
OP
OutlawTrucker

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'll post a write up when I get home next weekend. I'll also be installing a xo vision Htc35 backup cam too.

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I'm okay with buying and mounting the new tuner, just not looking forward to a new antenna. I'm thinking now that factory antenna will fit pretty much any aftermarket tuner.. I'll have to research. Now if I can find somewhere to put that stupid mic for the BT

Angled up. Works good.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 63

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thx ltr. Looks like Crutchfield has the svx200 now, fits the newer JVC setup. This has solved a big prob for me.