SiriusXM Guardian - worst service on the market?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthernRockies

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SiriusXM Guardian's Canadian service might just be the worst service I have ever encountered. They are, by far, the worst of similar services offered with any vehicle I've ever seen.

In May, I got rid of my GMC Sierra, equipped with Onstar and upgraded to a 2018 RAM 1500 SLT. Love the truck, can't stand anything about the SiriusXM Guardian service.

I just got off my 16th (no joke) call with SiriusXM Guardian in the 3 months since I bought the truck. Nothing but constant issues every time I try to do anything with Guardian.

First they couldn't register my account, no matter what we tried. It took weeks of pushing to get this done, and in the end I had worked with SiriusXM Guardian, FCA Canada, Ram brand assist and the dealer.

All I want to do is be able to access my vehicle information and warranty online, but I'm blocked by SiriusXM Guardian at every turn. I shouldn't have to pay to access an owners portal (mopar.com), but at every step I've been told by Guardian and FCA that, in Canada, it all goes through SiriusXM Guardian and I can't do anything until I pay for services I don't want. I even bit the bullet and subscribed, just so I could see if there was a chance it might be worth it, and get atleast temporary access to specific owner information. Still nothing worked, the portal said I hadn't registered for SiriusXM, eventhough they were happily billing my credit card each month. Talking to support didn't help, as they couldn't fix a think, and only kept trying to get me to add more services for more money. In the meantime, I still cant get my trucks warranty info, nothing. I can see my truck listed, but that's all.

Having enough, I called SiriusXM Guardian to cancel, and they can't even do that right. Eventhough I've got 30 days left on my monthly subscription, they can't (won't) refund me, but sure enough, they cut off the service immediately. You'd think they'd give me a refund for the 30 days, or not cancel the service until then, but I should know better, it is SiriusXM Guardian afterall.

I'm done giving them my money, they're useless and so is their system. Why RAM strapped their wagon to the SiriusXM Guardian cluster@#% is a mystery to me.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's not much better South of the border, either. Sirius just plain sucks at all levels.

You may not be rid of them at this point, either. They will constantly bombard you with mailings, emails and sometimes text messages to invite you back with cheap, cheap, cheap subscriptions which they will promptly change if you ever sign up again.

I haven't turned on Sirius on the last three new vehicles I've purchased because of the extremely annoying business processes they employ and the spotty service.

Never again...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, you could update, go back. I am fortunate, when I bought MY 19 I got a Straight 4 Uconnect Radio, 8.4, no 911, no Guardian or ne of that stuff. Now, I do not get any OTA, if I want to update, dealer only. I talked to my SA and he took me to the side and said: Leave the radio alone unless not working properly. The update bricking radio's. I do Have Sirius All Access that I cancel, then renew every year. I neva do auto renew as that charges 3X what I pay yearly. But like MADDOG said, Sirius stuff n o better south. I am just fortunate I did not get all the extra BS< and I got a capable I Phone that does all the extra stuff. Best of luck on yer issues.

Robert Barnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
I can relate to the SiriusXM Guardian issue. They charged my credit card but my UConnect app did not work. Mopar.com tells me to renew my subscription. After a week of phone calls with SiriusXM Guardian I cancelled my subscription. As per there suggestion I press the SOS button. They were unable to locate my vehicle via the SOS button. But the police did receive the alarm and came out to my house. Two days after cancellation I got an email with a 13.99 offer to renew. Before I was paying 27.80 per month.
If reading all the postings I don't want to go through this again.
Is there any alternative.
I have had Onstar with other vehicle and everything was great, both service and performance.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a road emergency and they couldn't find my location. Not even when I told them what highway, state, direction, and off ramp/mile marker. PITIFUL at best. Don't expect them to send help if you have an accident.

Joeeffinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I paid for the service for 3 years. My truck got stolen on Thanksgiving 2021 and they could do nothing to track or locate my truck. The Sherif told me that their service never works and has always sent them on wild goose chases never recovering a single vehicle.