SNOW PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RamDiver
I used to live in Connecticut & New Hampshire
So i spent a few winters in snow, before i moved to Southern California

That particular type of Bumper Jack was well known to remove some skin and or fingers when the car slips sideways, because you hardly ever jack the vehicle up on level ground.

This jack actually hooked under the bumper, hardly any of them had a slot cut into the bumper like in the video above

some of this type, had the hook on a type of chain

These were much safer

We will have to get confirmation from BlackGold6.4 but, I don't believe the jack he is using is a bumper jack, like you have shown.

Although a Jackall or Farm Jack has a similar action to the old style bumper jacks, the bumper connection is considerably superior, not that they don't slip off sometimes too.

I do recall those old style bumper jacks and remember using the types without the bumper slot. They seemed highly deficient and risky to use in comparison.

Using the flanged bracket without the bumper slot occasionally would hold onto the bumper quite adequately when it fit the bumper well and had a more pronounced hook at the bottom, as some did.

The jacks that hooked into the slot were much less likely to slide off, IIRC.

Those were the days when a proper tire iron was included, not like the toys we get now.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Honestly i forgot all about the

HiLift Jack​

I had to use that style of jack, when we had a load of Hay, or other heavy things on a farm truck & it was close to night time.
We placed at least two of them close to the rear axle on each side.
We would jack the truck up high enough, that the weight would be taken off of the trucks springs during the night.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The Jack in that picture is definitely a Farm jack, up here they where called Jackalls. I still have a couple. They have endless uses, from jacking posts out of the ground to tensioning barb wire, using them like a come along to un-stick vehicles, lift moose into a tree for cleaning and the list goes on forever. They do have a nasty kickback you need to know about and take precautions for, but for a multi purpose tool, no other matches them. Only your imagination limits what you can do with one.

I would post a snow picture but we still don't really have any. The skiff we got a few days ago has pretty much melted away. Looks like it will be a brown Christmas here.

Last edited:

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My jack-all has a bit off a hook on it and fits nice n tight under my tow hooks. We also have built plywood structures to put the jack on so it doesn't sink or slip out of sight. On the back of the truck the jack-all fit's into the receiver safely and can lift the whole back end. If you notice in the picture they're are no trees around to use a winch due to the fact we are above the 56 parallel. Like @Dean2 said the uses of a Jack-all is endless but like the concerns from all off you it can be a dangerous unit so safety is of utmost when using them.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
RamDiver
I used to live in Connecticut & New Hampshire
So i spent a few winters in snow, before i moved to Southern California

That particular type of Bumper Jack was well known to remove some skin and or fingers when the car slips sideways, because you hardly ever jack the vehicle up on level ground.

This jack actually hooked under the bumper, hardly any of them had a slot cut into the bumper like in the video above

View attachment 533969
View attachment 533970
some of this type, had the hook on a type of chain

These were much safer

View attachment 533971

View attachment 533972
these tools do not have enough leverage to lift a 7000 lb truck.. that's sucked into the worst clay you can think of.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BTW ...Merry Christmas to all from your North Country Brothers...WE DO NOT HAVE ANY SNOW...Yahooooo....A BROWN XMAS !!! ,....you all can keep it this year with our blessing!..Non forecast until after New year...WOW !!!

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Merry Christmas to all too, we have just a bit more than a foot of snow but that's way down from normal of about 4 feet by now. I'm the Ski Hill manager and we still are not open due to temperatures and lack of snow.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Here in San Diego,
There are at least 5 outdoor Ice skating rinks that have just opened within the last 2 weeks.

It is too warm & dry to make snow on any mountain within a 90 minute drive.
Expect natural snow around February

MattHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sounds like the fishing season is also extended! Enjoy the holidays everyone

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
We got 10" Tues, another 2 on Wed, winds picked up on Thurs and an additional 10" on Fri...
I think I've used my General more this week than I did all last season combined...
Our total accumulation for last week was more than last years total...
Plowing 2024.jpg

My wife snapped a video while riding with me in my general...here's a screenshot..(it was 11:30 A.M.)

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I work with the wife of one of our county plow operators...
He snapped this pic on Sat...
plowing 2024a.jpg

This is a lot for Iowa...all in 1 week too...
And tonight on my way to work it's -15...
Winter came in with a vengeance!