So many electrical gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XxJRxX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So for awhile now my 04 has had some electrical problems. Most of the time the light for my gear selector on the dash is out but at times comes on for a few miles. When it does come on I can then see the cruise control light. I haven't been able to get cruise to work longer than a minute when the light actually does come on. Got home one night and the gear selector light came back so while I was parked not moving figured I'd see if cruise would stay on. It did! Then tonight coming home rolled my window up heard a ding. So I then kept pressing for the window up and truck kept dinging every time I did seen a flash on the dash saying headlamp out only for a second. I checked grounds everything looks good.

Last edited:

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Look on youtube for videos to re-flow the solder joints on the dash. You'll need a pencil soldering iron in about the 15 watt range and a small tip. Never use acid core solder or acid flux on electronics. Always rosin core.