Software version on 12” display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know what the software version should be on the Uconnect 12” systems?

ashasha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked one up earlier this week and I think that there is an issue with the amps or something because I have to back the bass all the way down and it's just muddy and really unimpressive sounding. I'm running

Software version: 18.27.17
BootMicro version: 18.26.01
EQ version: 3.4

I swear that the Laramie with the same system that we test drove sounded much better. I just checked to make sure that the stereo in this one worked when we picked it up. I didn't realize that there were firmware updates for amps and stuff. It's like a $50K cellphone or something....it's ridiculous.

Levi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my truck April of 2018. I just got mine back from the dealer because my siriusxm trial subscription ran out and it wouldn't update my new subscription. Here is what we got back from FCA. Some of the 12" satellite radios are programed to accept the "All Access" package from sirius which is about $400 subscription. Anything other than the "All Access" won't load. FCA is trying to work out a fix, so they say, but for right now the only way I can renew my subscription is with the high dollar package which I'm not going to do. Another glitch for this truck.

OP
OP
Don_T

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my truck April of 2018. I just got mine back from the dealer because my siriusxm trial subscription ran out and it wouldn't update my new subscription. Here is what we got back from FCA. Some of the 12" satellite radios are programed to accept the "All Access" package from sirius which is about $400 subscription. Anything other than the "All Access" won't load. FCA is trying to work out a fix, so they say, but for right now the only way I can renew my subscription is with the high dollar package which I'm not going to do. Another glitch for this truck.
I would tell them to give me the All Access package for the cost of the basic package or they won’t get any money from me.

ashasha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked one up earlier this week and I think that there is an issue with the amps or something because I have to back the bass all the way down and it's just muddy and really unimpressive sounding. I'm running

Software version: 18.27.17
BootMicro version: 18.26.01
EQ version: 3.4

I swear that the Laramie with the same system that we test drove sounded much better. I just checked to make sure that the stereo in this one worked when we picked it up. I didn't realize that there were firmware updates for amps and stuff. It's like a $50K cellphone or something....it's ridiculous.
Dropped mine off earlier this week, got an update for the entire system (TSB # 08-009-19):

Software version: 18.45.40
BootMicro version: 18.44.01
EQ version: 4.1

Ironed out a lot of the sound issues I was having. Offline search is still broken and a known issue and the service dude is going to give me a call when they get the update.

OP
OP
Don_T

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dropped mine off earlier this week, got an update for the entire system (TSB # 08-009-19):

Software version: 18.45.40
BootMicro version: 18.44.01
EQ version: 4.1

Ironed out a lot of the sound issues I was having. Offline search is still broken and a known issue and the service dude is going to give me a call when they get the update.
This is the same version I have in my 3500. I am getting a new radio next Tuesday. I will check the software version in it as well. For the past nine weeks I have been trying to get my radio replaced as the navigation is not working. Ram finally decided the unit is overheating and has damaged the hardware so they are sending a new radio.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45