Solid motor mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might need to turn the torque down on launch. Jesus

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Rear wheel hp don't remember the torque can't find the dyno papers. All gas 371 so much done to the motor im down to 5 mpg our less on highway
You're talking to the guy that gets that MPG out of a 2.0l 4 banger on E85 lol.

If you are having problems with the U joint. I would try stiffer diff bushings first

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I alway ran solid mounts in my Nova and it never bothered me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have found the breaking point I have tried all oem mounts none hold up
Is this on a 86 truck? They can stand a better mount,but on a 4th Gen I highly doubt you'll physically break the engine mount.If you're looking for engine mounts for an 86 I think they do make a solid mount for them,if not torque plates at the front and rear of the engine are you're other option.Matt Fikac is putting down 1100 rwhp and as Tach Tech stated i'm pretty sure Matts still running the stock mounts and pulling the front tires on launch. Another thing is dump those greasable U-joints and go to a solid U-joint .The motor moving around on the mounts shouldn't be brinelling your U-joints,that's more because you're pinion angles are off more then anything

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Just found this. Figured I'd chime in with my experience. So I tow heavy loads regularly and have some power adders but nothing crazy. Anyways I was towing in the mountains, started accelerating for the 10% incline when I got about half way up I heard a pop and got some nasty torque steer. Since then I've had a delay in acceleration and a thud at stops you can physically see the engine mount moving back and fourth an inch or so either way. The pic shows the center of the mount is cracked but the outside edge has also seperated from the mount it's self as well.

Now what I'm wondering is when I get a new mount is it possible to put plates in the front and rear of the Bushing to prevent horizontal movement but still keep the damping of vertical engine movement. I mean I can't see why they designed it to move horizontally and vertically in the mount and seeing as I tow heavy every time i get into the torque it's going to essentially twist the tail of the engine left or right as well as lift in the mount and that makes for alot of tranny t case and driveshaft stress in my option. I'm guessing 1 inch flex at the motor mount makes the nose of the t case go towards the passenger or driver side frame rails atleast 3 inches. [emoji51] And with all that movement going on my rearend is doing some Funky bad movements too.

But yeah broke the engine mount. [emoji23] Don't want solid just want vertical movements only. a4d2fa5e2fb6181f0da80399f73891d2.jpg0daba81deac9a46e9f6c83845c24dd07.jpge6e0e9e610e269e5e273169f4e1a7220.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just found this. Figured I'd chime in with my experience. So I tow heavy loads regularly and have some power adders but nothing crazy. Anyways I was towing in the mountains, started accelerating for the 10% incline when I got about half way up I heard a pop and got some nasty torque steer. Since then I've had a delay in acceleration and a thud at stops you can physically see the engine mount moving back and fourth an inch or so either way. The pic shows the center of the mount is cracked but the outside edge has also seperated from the mount it's self as well.

Now what I'm wondering is when I get a new mount is it possible to put plates in the front and rear of the Bushing to prevent horizontal movement but still keep the damping of vertical engine movement. I mean I can't see why they designed it to move horizontally and vertically in the mount and seeing as I tow heavy every time i get into the torque it's going to essentially twist the tail of the engine left or right as well as lift in the mount and that makes for alot of tranny t case and driveshaft stress in my option. I'm guessing 1 inch flex at the motor mount makes the nose of the t case go towards the passenger or driver side frame rails atleast 3 inches. [emoji51] And with all that movement going on my rearend is doing some Funky bad movements too.

But yeah broke the engine mount. [emoji23] Don't want solid just want vertical movements only. a4d2fa5e2fb6181f0da80399f73891d2.jpg0daba81deac9a46e9f6c83845c24dd07.jpge6e0e9e610e269e5e273169f4e1a7220.jpg

I kind of wonder if you didn't have a slightly defective mount from word go Brandon. It's usually the drivers side mount that lets go from torque ,and you took out the pass side mount. I'd throw new a mount in on and run a chain and turn buckle from the engine to the frame like we were discussing,and call it good.