Some common LED light questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
Has anyone used LED lights all around in a 2nd gen Truck? I am looking to replacing all lights to led if I possibly can, I have them in my suv and they just work better, last longer and much brighter. What is your opinions on these?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a fair amount of LED lighting in my 95 CTD with no issues. Never had LED headlight bulbs since there wasn't much available in those days. I don't believe Dodge stated with the "canbus" stuff until about 2009, so that should not be an issue with your 1999. Not to promote one company over others, but headlight revolution as some excellent video's on LED lighting. There are plenty of info out there, so take your time and do some research on what you want.

OP
OP
dehdlee Duo

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
I had a fair amount of LED lighting in my 95 CTD with no issues. Never had LED headlight bulbs since there wasn't much available in those days. I don't believe Dodge stated with the "canbus" stuff until about 2009, so that should not be an issue with your 1999. Not to promote one company over others, but headlight revolution as some excellent video's on LED lighting. There are plenty of info out there, so take your time and do some research on what you want.
Thank you for this, I have read about the canbus and yes that is correct, I just wasn't sure if I needed anti flashers or other things like a load resistor.