Sounds like my engine fan is on or something

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I have a 2020 Ram 3500 with 28,400 miles on it. Sometimes when I take off if sounds like my fan is on, a kind of high pitched sound and it seems to shift a bit late it seems. We have a few dump trucks that sound a bit like this when the fan clutch kick in and runs when it gets hot. The sound goes away and then will come back a day later or event the same day. I am at a lose as to why its acting like this, I am going to start documenting it now so I know the conditions when it happens.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 Ram 3500 with 28,400 miles on it. Sometimes when I take off if sounds like my fan is on, a kind of high pitched sound and it seems to shift a bit late it seems. We have a few dump trucks that sound a bit like this when the fan clutch kick in and runs when it gets hot. The sound goes away and then will come back a day later or event the same day. I am at a lose as to why its acting like this, I am going to start documenting it now so I know the conditions when it happens.

Mine does this happens when the fan kicks on and you shut your truck off sometimes. Few throttle bumps and it shuts off I never have thought anything of it. I think the clutch must stick or something

OP
OP
Jetact

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Mine does this happens when the fan kicks on and you shut your truck off sometimes. Few throttle bumps and it shuts off I never have thought anything of it. I think the clutch must stick or something
Thank you for the reply as its a relatively new sound, my brother has the same truck and he said he has not heard it. It seems like it has happened different times of the day. Of course it has not done it since I have posted but it happened a couple of times this last weekend.