Spacer lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

208islander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.1 hemi
I know it's been asked/covered I'm looking into a leveling spacer kit for my 17 sport.
I'm not doing much off road trails etc or anything like that.
So what are the pros/cons of spacer kits

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
There's a nice sticky thread one down from the top that goes into great detail to explain your leveling options.

Personally, I went with the Bilstein 5100 level instead of spacers. My struts were bad anyway so it was the obvious choice for me.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2wd or 4wd? Top Spacers can cause issues in the rams due to the cv axles and upper ball joint angles on 4wd. Leveling struts are a much better option as they are stock length but allow you to adjust the spring perch to change ride height. If you are trying to go cheap look into the rough country 2.5” leveling spacer kit as it uses a 2” preload spacer and an optional 1/2” top spacer. I used the 1/2” top spacer on my truck with the leveling struts and even with swapping to coilovers. The only reason I don’t suggest that route is most times the upper strut nut is near impossible to remove if it’s an older truck. New leveling struts are a lot easier to deal with. @Nick@GotExhaust sells eibach and you can purchase their 2” front springs in conjunction with the struts and then order top hats. The 2” front springs make the truck ride better than reusing stock springs in my opinion.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a ton of info here on the forum showing the damage caused by spacers. Leveling struts are the correct way to level it out would be an adjustable strut. Bilstein or Eibach are the best options for a lower cost quality option.

Message me and we can go over options and pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500