SPACER LIFTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When I had my 4th gen RAM, '14 Express, putting in a spacer to lift or level a truck was a bad thing. Compression and droop problems, excess wear and tear on suspension parts, vibrations in 4wd, etc. Always recommended going the adjustable shock method, mostly Bilstein 5100's. I did a 2' level on my '14 with no problems. Everybody seems OK with the spacer lifts on the 5th gen RAM's, most seem to add upper control arms. What is different on the 5th gen vs 4th gen RAM's that everybody is currently doing spacer lifts with no issues ?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The spacer lifts were not immediate issues even on the 4th gen, and many still do them. The 5th gen has similar suspension geometry so the spacer guys will eventually start killing upper ball joints and such. Some sooner than later if they go off road.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
spacer lifts don't cause vibrations in 4 wheel drive any more than Bilstein 5100 adjustables do. Lifting/leveling in general causes the possibility of that.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The biggest issue on the 4th gens was the poor ball joints. 5th gen will probably be the same. I will say thay the cv joint angles are better on a leveled 5th gen, mainly because it looks like they built everything around the adjustable air suspension. I put the Readylift strut extension spacer with new control arms on my 5th gen and have zero worries. At some point I will be looking at doing a full 6" lift.