Starting my build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
99 1500 4x4 sport. This was my fishing/camping truck. Now its my daily. Going to start redoing almost everything. Removed the factory fiberglass toneau, and went with a snugtop camper shell
So far, limo tinted camper shell for privacy under the camper shell, the bed has been insulated, carpeted and wired with led lights and fan ran off a deep cell battery. Shell has a waterproof plug for shore power if needed. Mostly done in the bed. Led pods in the grille and in the rear bumper. Flowmaster exhuast.

As of today, upgraded to 33s

Plans for the upcoming year will be a gen 4 bumper, viper alarm upgrade, dual battery in the engine compartment, all led lighting, headlight swap, all new steering components, soundproofing the entire cab, double din stereo, ham radio, possibly a seat swap and definitely paint change. Although if i ever break down, im currently impossible to miss

Reactions: Mop

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice. You might want to consider the 2nd battery being mounted somewhere underneath. Easier to get to, and it will distribute a little weight elsewhere.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That camper setup sounds really nice. Especially the fan.

just gonna say it now… this thread is worthless without pics.

OP
OP
Padre

Padre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I relocated the green to under the cot, so it gives a stealth when using the green.

Reactions: Mop

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is really nice. You are fully ready to camp anywhere at anytime.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome build! I cant wait to see how you progress with it!

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing better than this kind of build! You can roll anywhere, any time!

Chiefsweat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking forward to the updates. I must say, the best updates I've done so far are the electric fans and upgrading the brakes . I followed the threads here and it has been great. The fan is a dual set up from the junk yard. The brakes are 2500 caliber up front and GMC 3500 cylinders in the back. Out of all the upgrades I have done, these are the two that have produced noticeable improvements. Keep us posted on your progress.