Stealth DPF??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks like a muffler designed to mimic the DPF. For trying to fool a visual inspector I would guess? They look under the truck and see what appears to be a DPF. Any savvy inspector would see nothing is attached to that though.

Of course if you are deleted and have to pass some sort or actual smog test this won't do anything for you. Waste of money in my opinion if you are trying to fool someone that you not deleted, they are smarter then that and they will catch you if they are looking.

OP
OP
TGabe

TGabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Texas is just safety inspection. Some places glance underneath for a quick visual.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Yeah, Texas is just a safety inspection for diesels. The gas engines do have an OBD emissions test, but all that entails is hooking up an OBD reader to check if their aren't any emissions codes. Some do ask if it is deleted and will not inspect it if it is. I have been deleted since 2016 and not had anyone ask or even check.

OP
OP
TGabe

TGabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah, Texas is just a safety inspection for diesels. The gas engines do have an OBD emissions test, but all that entails is hooking up an OBD reader to check if their aren't any emissions codes. Some do ask if it is deleted and will not inspect it if it is. I have been deleted since 2016 and not had anyone ask or even check.

I’ve had a deleted 6.7 for 5 years without issue, but recently got a new 2018. Seems the laws are only getting more strict. I’d like to delete this 18 in a way that makes it appear to still be stock, but I don’t want to gut my own DPF in case I need to revert back later.

I’m not sure why a stealth DPF isn’t a more common thing. I would think they’d sell a **** load of them.

OP
OP
TGabe

TGabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I was more curious if anyone has actually purchased one of these, and what their experience/opinion was with it.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m not sure why a stealth DPF isn’t a more common thing. I would think they’d sell a **** load of them.

I don't think a lot of stricter emissions states do just a visual so it probably doesn't buy that much for folks when they have to do a smog anyway? Plus anyone that has been around them enough will notice it is louder and even on the visual it is still missing the SCR. I really don't think it will fool that many people. Maybe a causal looker but not an inspector

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't think a lot of stricter emissions states do just a visual so it probably doesn't buy that much for folks when they have to do a smog anyway? Plus anyone that has been around them enough will notice it is louder and even on the visual it is still missing the SCR. I really don't think it will fool that many people. Maybe a causal looker but not an inspector

Sure, but couldn't you gut that as well?
Have a stock appearing truck with the sensors there but everything is gutted and programmed out with tuner?

It would at least fool a visual......but of course would be louder. It would be really nice if someone made a stock DPF gutted with a resonator inside.