Steering angle sensor or ABS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i had my truck aligned the other day and soon after my ABS, BAS/ESP light came on and wont go off and now i dont have working cruise control. I have looked at my ABS sensors and they all are connected. Could this possibly be the steering angle sensor? I'm at a loss and have never had this happen before. local shop wants $106 bucks for a diagnosis. Any ideas on what it could be?

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d take it back to the place that did the alignment, if it wasn’t a issue prior and immediately started after the alignment it should be on them? IIRC they’re suppose to recalibrate the SAS after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Texram155

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d take it back to the place that did the alignment, if it wasn’t a issue prior and immediately started after the alignment it should be on them? IIRC they’re suppose to recalibrate the SAS after.

I called them and they said they dont touch anything that should cause a malfunction. I have had several alignments and this is the first time it has ever happened.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Get the codes retrieved first. If they didn’t perform the calibration for the pull compensation it could set a code.

OP
OP
Texram155

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The one thing i have noticed is that when driving straight, the wheel is slightly turned to the left. I want to assume that this may be the reason as the pcm is detecting that the angle is off, thus disabling the ESP/ABS/BAS systems. I am taking it in tomorrow to have the redo the alignment and reset the SAS system and go from there.

OP
OP
Texram155

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get the codes retrieved first. If they didn’t perform the calibration for the pull compensation it could set a code.

Took it back to try and have to truck re-aligned to see if it would fix the issue, nope. Now the truck is at the shop getting a diagnosis. maybe its a sign to go buy a 2500 ctd.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny.. I had a similar situation... after having a alignment done I got the abs/tc/sas light.. assuming pep boys screwing something up since it wasn’t an issue prior. Truck would go into limp mode and shift funny. Where I screwed up was I drove it maybe 5 mins up the road to my house I noticed the weird shifting but didn’t think anything about it since there wasn’t any service lights and I was pressed for time to get ready to fly out the country for work again. So it was primed for a few months till I got back and bam immediately triggered the light

I used this as an excuse to go ahead and get rid of it and get into a 5th gen lol. I called it a sign from god but in reality I’m sure it was fixable but I just wanted to go ahead and get into something I really wanted :)

OP
OP
Texram155

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny.. I had a similar situation... after having a alignment done I got the abs/tc/sas light.. assuming pep boys screwing something up since it wasn’t an issue prior. Truck would go into limp mode and shift funny. Where I screwed up was I drove it maybe 5 mins up the road to my house I noticed the weird shifting but didn’t think anything about it since there wasn’t any service lights and I was pressed for time to get ready to fly out the country for work again. So it was primed for a few months till I got back and bam immediately triggered the light

I used this as an excuse to go ahead and get rid of it and get into a 5th gen lol. I called it a sign from god but in reality I’m sure it was fixable but I just wanted to go ahead and get into something I really wanted :)

I was so closed to doing the same. I took it to get a diagnosis and turns out it was the front abs sensor. I find it kinda sad the people on this forum are not very helpful. Sorry.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I was so closed to doing the same. I took it to get a diagnosis and turns out it was the front abs sensor. I find it kinda sad the people on this forum are not very helpful. Sorry.

How? If anything I find lots of people are on here specifically for the reason to help others. That’s the main reason I even joined this forum.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Their plenty of guys around here that are very helpful but you also have to have some patiences .. not everyone lives and breaths forums. Another thing these newer trucks aren’t easy to diagnose anymore with all the electronics. Sometimes it’s easier to pay the diagnostic fee and let the dealer scan it for you.

RWOLVES

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a similar problem with a 2013 ram 4500. The lil stability control light flickers sometimes, it is the same symbol as the one that will light up if you turn it off manually. have had scan done for wheel sensors and they all pass, also no steering sensor code shows up. This was scanned with the AUTEL Maxisys 906ts. When the lil light flickers and i touch my brake the brake pedal kinda feels like it is kicking back a lil, if that makes sense. Also had cruise control set going down the interstate and light flickered and it kicked my cruise control off, and when tried to touch brake pedal it kinda kicked back at me. Any ideas what could cause this? If it matters this truck was a cab & chassis and has a wrecker bed on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank