Sticking caliper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1937-38Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
2004 5.9 346000m Sep2019 ABS and brake light on dealer diagnosed bad ABS module and pump running all the time re-manufactured module (cant get new) oem pump installed, still felt a dragging while driving, went back to the dealer stated a sticking caliper which needed i replaced all calipers found right front the issue told to replace flex line did all 4 along with steel from right to left right front still dragging, replaced caliper w flex line again Still dragging spoke with several mechs dumb founded looks from them now a big guessing game and deeper pockets for me and they want to fill theirs recommended replacing booster/master cylinder/caliper (again), rotor is not warped, pistons not sticking, slides and pads greased move freely. Also flushed system all running clear. Crack the bleeder, nothing, pry pistons back rotor frees up, without engine running step on pedal still moves freely start truck step on dragging. Going to crack lines at master in the morning per last mech, I have also been told to check booster check valve

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Why are they all looking back at the master? I'm thinking the problem is from the point where the right front break off from the other lines to that caliper, maybe there is something in the line or break-off junction that is causing that particular caliper to stick. If it was actually back further wouldn't it be at least two calipers sticking? Just wild ass guessing here, but looking at the master when only one 4th of the entire unit is failing doesn't make sense to me.

Mike

fprevos

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Delete

Last edited: