Stock sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zane8000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am picking up an outdoorsman in the next day or two without the 9 speaker alpine system. How bad/mediocre is the bone stock system? I would like to install a sub along with the door speakers but i dont want to lose the fold flat boards i got in the back, but i can if necessary as audio comes first.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have an outdoors man also without the alpine. i just have the 8.4an. im an audiofile person and comming from competition built systems in my cars for a factory it doesnt sound the worst/best. i have yet to change it.

i personally think it sounds close to the factory alpine that i had in my '11 durango.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it'll vary depending on your standards but it's pretty mediocre, not horrible but not great. i have an HHR that has the pioneer upgrade which to me sounded very good and the Ram is a noticeable step down but not bad enough that it really bugs me it's just not as crisp

i would like to add a sub someday since bass seems to be the biggest thing lacking

Last edited: