2020 head unit issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klove97220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I recently installed a 8.4 head unit from a 2020 to replace the 8.4 head unit in my 2014. I’m having some speaker issues.
Seems like the door speakers are not producing much sound. Also, the rear sub under the backseat is no longer working.
My 2014 has the 9 speaker Alpine Soundsystem. Has anyone experienced this issue?
Is there anyway to correct this?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I recently installed a 8.4 head unit from a 2020 to replace the 8.4 head unit in my 2014. I’m having some speaker issues.
Seems like the door speakers are not producing much sound. Also, the rear sub under the backseat is no longer working.
My 2014 has the 9 speaker Alpine Soundsystem. Has anyone experienced this issue?
Is there anyway to correct this?
That install required a adapter harness, probably an issue with the harness. You need to go back to the company and ask for some help. There are differences in harnesses for 2017 and up and pre-2017, it's possible you have the wrong adapter.

If you need to start over there is a great guy in our Vendor section, M²Mods who makes the harness and can provide help with those purchased from him. He is off right now, but he will get back to you if you PM him about buying the correct harness. He will need full details of your original set up of audio system and full truck details including options operated by radio. Also will need information from your replacement head unit, suggest sending pictures of all numbers found on unit. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517