Strange A/c Problem from top to bottom..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youmadeyou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have searched on here and didn't see anything with my problem so here we go.

I have a 98 ram with 5.9 mag motor .

A/c Blows cold and strong BUT... when ever I touch the gas pedal to accelerate the A/c Stops blowing from the TOP vents and only blows from the bottoms vents Intel I take my foot off pedal and stop accelerating. then it goes back to normal blowing out of all vents. but the hole time its doing this the A/c stays blowing cold .. I don't know what the problem is and any help would be awesome.

And if i really Stump on the gas and the A/c goes very low till im done gassing it. not sure if this is normal as well ...

this is my first dodge.

moparlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
my truck does the same thing and i heard its pretty common. I was told it could be a vacuum leak or something along the lines

OP
OP
youmadeyou

youmadeyou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Thanks I will check again for that .. but it seems like it would be something else because the AC works strong and cold.

Anyone Else have any Ideals?

hermit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 1990 that did something along those lines. Can't remember the exact characteristics, but it was a little vacuum check valve. Seems the vents were controlled by vacuum, not mechanically. In that year it was a known problem, and they improved the valve design. The valve looked almost like an inline fuel filter

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
youmadeyou

youmadeyou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Nice , Does anyone else have any info or pictures of where and what this valve looks like and is .. and if this is the problem ??? thanks..

OP
OP
youmadeyou

youmadeyou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Thank anyone else with more info or ideas of that the problem could be is greatly appreciated as well ....

Pushrod91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does the samething. I think the controls might have a hair line crack. My Ford did this and that's what it was. Not sure though. Haven't gotten around to checking it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

hermit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatal

Mine was under the hood..... close to the firewall. Between the air filter and firewall i think. Been a long time but closer to drivers side if i remember. It was white plastic i think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
youmadeyou

youmadeyou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
anyone have a picture of what it is ? ect....