Strange TPMS Behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The first issue with my 2022 1500 that I took delivery of in January of this year. I know, I'm very lucky to have a trouble-free vehicle so this isn't a complaint but a wonder.

When I turned off the truck yesterday I noticed a message on the DIC that gave me a low tire pressure warning, this only happened when I turned off the engine and opened the door. I do not have the amber TPMS light warning, just this message when turning off the engine and opening the door.

If I look at my TPMS screen on the DIC, all four tires are reporting pressures of 35 and 36 PSI, my door jamb placard indicates my tire pressure should be 36 PSI.

I'm just wondering why it did this. I'll have to see if this becomes frequent.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I wonder if that is a sort of a glitch and it is showing a flash of the last known message. Not a solid answer I know, but a thought.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I experience this in the winter in Montana, tires are at 36, temp drops tires go to 34 or 35, light comes on or get a message when key off tire low.

Pump them up to 40, light goes off message goes away, overnight pressure fluctuations stop.

In summer have to drop pressure or will check and see 46 or 47 psi.

I think threshold is 2 or 3 psi. Since system does not display fractional numbers never really known how close or far away system is.

My .05 (adjusted for inflation)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam