Superchips 3865 Trans Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,

Short Version: Cant seem to find Custom Trans Tuning update for tuner. Is it still offered...?

Long Version:

My poor old 03 4.7, lovingly known as Puff for its repeated head gasket leaks, finally died on me, so I took the opportunity to step up to the big leagues with a Hemi in an 06.

I figured since I already had a SC 3865 to tune my old truck with, I would go ahead and purchase the $40 Advanced Transmission Tuning that everyone was raving about years back. So, I plugged up the tuner to my computer, downloaded the Spark SC updater, and updated my tuner. However, when it finished updating, the Superchips updater didnt have the transmission tuning option (or anything for that matter) in their online store for my tuner. I read up on the issue and made sure my tuner was VIN locked to my truck as required for the purchase, and still a no go. Uninstalled Spark and reinstalled, still nothing. Ended up calling Superchips Customer Support and talked to a rep who said they never even offered the option... What...? He said that he had been working there for over 5 years and had never heard of it.

Now, I know they used to offer User adjustable shift points and Torque Management settings for a $40 upgrade charge, since I have seen it done on other 04+ trucks. My question is, does anyone know if they still offer the option of User adjustable trans tuning...? If so, any suggestions as to what I need to do to get it...?

Thanks in advance!

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
Hey all,

Short Version: Cant seem to find Custom Trans Tuning update for tuner. Is it still offered...?

Long Version:

My poor old 03 4.7, lovingly known as Puff for its repeated head gasket leaks, finally died on me, so I took the opportunity to step up to the big leagues with a Hemi in an 06.

I figured since I already had a SC 3865 to tune my old truck with, I would go ahead and purchase the $40 Advanced Transmission Tuning that everyone was raving about years back. So, I plugged up the tuner to my computer, downloaded the Spark SC updater, and updated my tuner. However, when it finished updating, the Superchips updater didnt have the transmission tuning option (or anything for that matter) in their online store for my tuner. I read up on the issue and made sure my tuner was VIN locked to my truck as required for the purchase, and still a no go. Uninstalled Spark and reinstalled, still nothing. Ended up calling Superchips Customer Support and talked to a rep who said they never even offered the option... What...? He said that he had been working there for over 5 years and had never heard of it.

Now, I know they used to offer User adjustable shift points and Torque Management settings for a $40 upgrade charge, since I have seen it done on other 04+ trucks. My question is, does anyone know if they still offer the option of User adjustable trans tuning...? If so, any suggestions as to what I need to do to get it...?

Thanks in advance!

Weird I noticed the same thing with my superchips yesterday with nothing showing on the online store maybe the site is down

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn’t suprise me if it’s something they did away with on the 3865 to make you upgrade, but I guess the answer you got from one of there guys makes it sound like they did away with it all together.

OP
OP
PuffTheMagicDragon
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As it turns out they do still offer it. I think Max is right about the site just being down.

I ended up calling Superchips back to talk to another rep, and he was able to manually add the Advanced Transmission Tuning. He knew exactly what I was talking about and couldnt stop talking about how wonderful it was. Apparently there is a waiver that has to be signed before you can download the new software. Since it wasn’t showing up for me, the rep had me verbally agree to the waiver, and he filled it out for me, and then updated my tuner. (And I managed to get away without paying the $40!)

I absolutely love the option so far. I’ve managed to get fairly close to having my shift points dialed in the way that I want for my drive to and from work. It almost makes me not even want to bother with upgrading from these 3.55s I’ve got... Almost.

Mike49321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
As it turns out they do still offer it. I think Max is right about the site just being down.

I ended up calling Superchips back to talk to another rep, and he was able to manually add the Advanced Transmission Tuning. He knew exactly what I was talking about and couldnt stop talking about how wonderful it was. Apparently there is a waiver that has to be signed before you can download the new software. Since it wasn’t showing up for me, the rep had me verbally agree to the waiver, and he filled it out for me, and then updated my tuner. (And I managed to get away without paying the $40!)

I absolutely love the option so far. I’ve managed to get fairly close to having my shift points dialed in the way that I want for my drive to and from work. It almost makes me not even want to bother with upgrading from these 3.55s I’ve got... Almost.
This is great news for me! I just tried updating my 3865 (just bought used) and there were no options. Now I have to wait until Monday to call, though lol. Glad I found this post! I was fairly disappointed.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Everyone who has done it raves about it, they say it changes the nature of the truck. Change the value on 2P to the point that it will never downshift to it ever again.

Mike49321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Well, I just got off the phone with a superchips rep. I told him the sparks program says there are currently no available updates. He said since it is an outdated tuner and is discontinued, they no longer offer a trans tuning option for this. I am pretty bummed. I was looking forward to this big time...

ric3xrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is great news for me! I just tried updating my 3865 (just bought used) and there were no options. Now I have to wait until Monday to call, though lol. Glad I found this post! I was fairly disappointed.

I'm in the same boat but the guy I talked to told me I had to buy a new one...I'm going to try again next week.

Mike49321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm in the same boat but the guy I talked to told me I had to buy a new one...I'm going to try again next week.
I feel like there’s no reason they can’t put trans time on the 3865 I can understand them wanting us to upgrade, but these tuners aren’t cheap! Lol

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does hemifever sct still offer 3rd gen tunes?