Superchips Announces 2011-2012 Ram 4.7L and 5.7L HEMI Coverage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruger77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't wait to see how SC does! I have been waiting for their release for a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I just wanted to get this for trans tuning only for Towing and Daily Driving would this be better. The Torque management is annoying.

brihvac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 non e-torque
Any more deals on the tuner from sponsors? Sucks that I have this 3865 from my 07 that's useless. I need one of these for my 11. Miss having a tuner.

Mprimo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there any benefits of this tuner over the bully dog for my 4.7? This looks like there are a few more tune options but in terms of results and compatibility with other mods, which is better? Right now I have the bully dog and have been satisfied but not overly pleased. I would probably upgrade if it's worth it

I just ordered the SC from Bullys and currently have the Bully dog on my 2011. The reason I am switching was I had the SC on my 2010 and I feel like it was way more powerful than the bully. There is another factor that plays into it though. My 2010 was only 2wd so the extra weight may be throwing me off. Either way the adjustable shift points had an advantage and I got way better gas mileage. I will give a better opinion after I switch to the SC this week.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at this the other day. I like the "tow" mode and the possibility of having control over TM at some point in the future. I hate dicking around with computers; this may be better for me than a DS Intune w/custom tune from an aggravation perspective.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Got my tuner today and tried installing the tune, says it's not available for my vehicle yet.

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my tuner today and tried installing the tune, says it's not available for my vehicle yet.

Check PM. I contacted engineer and we'll be fixing you up soon enough. :)

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Wow, I like SC I had one with my 06 but couldn't get one for my 11 at the time, now I'm trying to get a 2014 2500 hemi, I might have to keep an eye on this if they come out with one by the end of the year.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
All installed and took it for a short test drive with the 87 Octane tune. I may step it up to 91 or 93 at some point, but not too sure.

I can definitely say that Superchips has the edge in trans tuning, the shifts are much much smoother, especially from a stop and when on the throttle hard. My truck is much quicker off the line and also seems to have better throttle response.

I do have a few questions, not related to the performance however. Since the tuner has no gagues like my Bully Dog and does not seem to mount cleanly anywhere, can it be removed from my truck or does it need to stay connected to the OBD-II Port? Also, how quick/easy is it to change tunes? Does it save your settings in order to do this quickly? I'm wondering how much of a pain it will be to switch back and forth between the 87 tune and the towing tune. It seems these tunes load much quicker than my Bully Dog, but I was just wondering if it saves your info so that after I set up each tune for the first time it can be just a quick swap.

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All installed and took it for a short test drive with the 87 Octane tune. I may step it up to 91 or 93 at some point, but not too sure.

I can definitely say that Superchips has the edge in trans tuning, the shifts are much much smoother, especially from a stop and when on the throttle hard. My truck is much quicker off the line and also seems to have better throttle response.

I do have a few questions, not related to the performance however. Since the tuner has no gagues like my Bully Dog and does not seem to mount cleanly anywhere, can it be removed from my truck or does it need to stay connected to the OBD-II Port? Also, how quick/easy is it to change tunes? Does it save your settings in order to do this quickly? I'm wondering how much of a pain it will be to switch back and forth between the 87 tune and the towing tune. It seems these tunes load much quicker than my Bully Dog, but I was just wondering if it saves your info so that after I set up each tune for the first time it can be just a quick swap.

Great it's up and running!

You can remove it after tuning. When it's connected, it does have data features you can use. The tuner saves your stock file, so moving back and forth through tunes is as simple as choosing a new tune.

You can advance tune as well and set your rev limit and 1-2, 2-3 shifts.

Try the higher octane tunes. :)

Last edited:

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Great it's up and running!

You can remove it after tuning. When it's connected, it does have data features you can use. The tuner saves your stock file, so moving back and forth through tunes is as simple as choosing a new tune.

You can advance tune as well and set your rev limit and 1-2, 2-3 shifts.

Great, thanks for the response. Those advance tune options sound great, but I do not have the knowledge to know what to set those at.

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great, thanks for the response. Those advance tune options sound great, but I do not have the knowledge to know what to set those at.

Sure you do. Send me a pm and I'll help you. Just an extra step is all.

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any news when the flagship vivid tuner will receive updates?

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Check your PM. :)

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's with the avoidance of questions SC? Flashpaq your new flagship tuner?

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone eventually upgrades to the advanced trans options, remember to check out this thread for help: http://www.ramforum.com/f86/superchips_transmission_tuning_information-1097/

There are excel sheets on the server, so you can map out all your part throttle shifts and tips. This makes a huge difference in how the truck drives and gives you complete control of part throtte shifts.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new SCT tuner (sct xcal4 due out @ end of Feb) with 4th gen support produced 36 RWHP on Southernspeeds bone stock truck. From what I understand there was an issue with Map overlapping but it's still better numbers than the rest even with the software issue. SCT tuner is going to bring some serious competition.

Last edited: