Suspension Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Whitten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has any one had suspension issues after installing a molar 2” leveling kit on a 2020 ram 1500 with air ride.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Guessing you mean "Mopar"?

Don't know what that is, even if that's the case.

But I put in adjustable links on the front (didn't want them for the back) on my '20 with air ride, and raised it 2". No "issues" understanding the limitations. It will only engage OR1, not OR2. And sometimes OR1 is very bouncy. Go back to Normal and then OR1 again and it's fine.

What I did is fool the air ride system so it goes higher than it's designed for. However, if the system you installed is entirely mechanical that should not affect the air ride. I have a 5" Rough Country lift, not installed yet, that uses the original air ride settings. Need to find someone able/willing to install it... I don't have the time.

OP
OP
M

Mike Whitten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guessing you mean "Mopar"?

Don't know what that is, even if that's the case.

But I put in adjustable links on the front (didn't want them for the back) on my '20 with air ride, and raised it 2". No "issues" understanding the limitations. It will only engage OR1, not OR2. And sometimes OR1 is very bouncy. Go back to Normal and then OR1 again and it's fine.

What I did is fool the air ride system so it goes higher than it's designed for. However, if the system you installed is entirely mechanical that should not affect the air ride. I have a 5" Rough Country lift, not installed yet, that uses the original air ride settings. Need to find someone able/willing to install it... I don't have the time.

i had the dealer install the rough country 2" leveling kit its just two brackets that change the air sensors postition raising the truck 2". but now the suspension is bottoming out with any pavement drops like going over bridges. going to have the dealer remove them and go with the Revel performance adjustable sensor links is this what you have? how were they to install. looks simple?

OP
OP
M

Mike Whitten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i had the dealer install the rough country 2" leveling kit its just two brackets that change the air sensors position raising the truck 2". but now the suspension is bottoming out with any pavement drops like going over bridges. going to have the dealer remove them and go with the Revel performance adjustable sensor links is this what you have? how were they to install. looks simple?

OP
OP
M

Mike Whitten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
does anyone have any experience with the Revel Performance adjustable link 2" leveling kits?

jljbtm

Reaction score
It sounds like if you get too extreme on the driveline angles you will have vibrations or parts worn prematurely?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Air suspension Has enough issues left alone much less modified. Everything has to jive perfectly so if you don’t have experience (like the dealer) leave it alone. Some trucks have no issues some have nothing but issues. A big issue is making sure the links are proper length and that they stay well lubricated front and rear

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used Supreme Suspension links on '17 1500 and they worked perfectly and the quality & price was great. When using links you have to shorten them in small increments, too much and you screw it up. I believe I shortened roughly 3/4" to get almost level. I say "roughly" because each side was different. You have to shorten, cycle and then measure. Repeat until even both sides. If you lift too much you'll lose your Aero mode or OR2. Pic for reference

truch_BFG.jpg

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It sounds like if you get too extreme on the driveline angles you will have vibrations or parts worn prematurely?

...as in any system, regardless of system or materials...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357