Swap driver seat out for power option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a SLT, but want the Lone Star power driver seat. Now i just wan simple power functions, don't need heat or cool or any other options. Now my concern is if I find a seat out of a truck or buy one from the dealer will it plug and play also how do i connect the harness for the air bags in the seat? I drove my dads lone star the other day and man the seat is so much for comfortable with the power option, so now I want to swap, is it possible?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can it's not that hard. It's just basic wiring. Your stock drivers seat only has an airbag wire. I have heard of some being able to plug into the existing harness. I installed Laramie seats in mine and for some reason the wiring in my plug was different. I just took the harness out of my old seat and installed it in the new seat and plugged it into my truck. Then I just ran a seperate power wire for the power seat functions. This is realy simple to do once you have the seat out. Don't buy a seat from a dealer it will cost you a fortune! Get one from a wrecking yard like car-part.com. I got Laramie seats front and rear with the fold out floor for 600.00 and they were in perfect shape. Granted I got a little lucky but if you search long enough you will find a good deal. Make sure you get the 2013 and up if you have airbags.

Last edited:

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
interesting option... I would love to be able to lower the seating position on my Express, sits too high up imo!