Swapping Icon Stage 2 for BDS 3" PE CO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to swap out my Icon Stage 2 for the BDS 3" PE CO (Fox DCS). The Icons are great and we're installed perfectly by @Quick_Shifter. They don't see any off road so they can be a little stiff at times for city. However, bumps, potholes, train tracks, etc are like they aren't there and truck stays planted...... Had them on for 1000 miles but want to go to an adjustable set up.

Also going to add Core 4X4 Trail upper/lower control arms, trackbar and end links. Went with the trail just for adjustability and the Johnny Joints.

If anyone has made this switch or has suggestions, please let me know. I'll make sure to provide and honest comparison once everything is swapped out.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have fox 2.5 dsc on my 2017 ram 1500. Only difference is I had mine custom valved by accutune. I rode in another truck same as mine that had the icon suspension. It was definitely nice but stiffer. My fox are valved for street with weekend offroading/trail riding in mind so they are softer than the icons. The fox you will be ordering from bds may be in the middle between a street suspension and a full blown off-road suspension as well. Also I’m curious what fox uses for their front coilover spring for the 5th gen trucks. I know part of the reason icon was stiffer for me is because they used a heavier rate spring up front.

OP
OP
mplaramie

mplaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to know you like the Fox and they are softer. From what I understand, they use an Eibach spring that is softer than the Icon. Need to confirm the rates to be sure.

At least with the Fox, I can use the DSC to soften them if needed. Didn't think about that when I did the Icon Stage 2. The Icon's are nice and anyone who does a little off road would appreciate them for sure.

By the time I'm done, I'm going to have enough suspension parts to build another RAM....

Attachments

• 20230426_193503.jpg
    20230426_193503.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 5