Stage 2 Cam for a 6.4 ram 2500 with Lockout or Limter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramit Harder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I've done a bunch of searching for answers on limiters vs lockouts on the vvt. From what I gather stage 3 and lower cams generaly benifit from only limiting the vvt. Where as the lockout will actually decrease the power at lower rpm. I found that at FRP and MMX they list limiters. So when I ended up going with a TSP stage 2 cam I was suprised to see the Lockout in the order. I called them up asked why the lockout vs limiter. In so many words they said the cam was designed for lockout and that I would benifit more from it. I would love to hear from someone that isnt trying to sell me for whatever reason as I feel like I made a mistake on the order.

25 Hemi Cam Kit

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Says you need the MDS delete kit with that cam,and right in the kit it lists "lock-out" included,what made you think it'd come with a limiter.

With This Cam Package You Get the Following Items:

• Your Choice of Texas Speed Hemi Camshaft
  • Your Choice of Texas Speed Hardened Chromoly Intake and Exhaust Pushrods
  • Spring options for 5.7L and 6.4L
  • Includes Phaser Lock out kit

OP
OP
R

Ramit Harder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ahh yeah I see. So what's your take on the Lockout VS Limiter. It's not as if im opposed to using what they recommend for this kit. More that I'm worried I selected the wrong kit.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ahh yeah I see. So what's your take on the Lockout VS Limiter. It's not as if im opposed to using what they recommend for this kit. More that I'm worried I selected the wrong kit.
I wouldn't use that cam in a 3/4 ton with a 6.4 and 6 speed,just my opinion though. You want torque,not horsepower,and any cam that uses a lock-out is gonna suck under the curve. I'd talk to Matt at Moes / Ryan at Flying Ryan / MMX etc,and tell them what you want out of the truck,and go with what they reconmend. A cam isn't something you want to go cheap on,and i'm guessing you latched onto the TSP cam because it's cheaper then the other guys. Whatever cam you go with,make sure you use OEM lifters