Tail light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rroop32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Been having a problem with tail lights recently. Truck is a 05 QC 5.7 4x4. My issue is the brake lights randomly get stuck on. I've been through 3 brake light switches and the issue keeps occuring. I have also reset the switches (even though they are 1 time use only) it happens atleast 3 times a month. What I've noticed is that when I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and hook it back up, they work normally. I'm starting to think this is an ecu issue now. Any one else experienced this before or heard of this? Any one know what could possibly be causing this?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Not sure if the 05 taillights are computer controlled or not. If they are then it is most likely an ECM problem. Might want to find that out first.

Wchnu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 03 is doing this. The brake lights on the back of the truck stick on for a few seconds to 40 or so seconds. The third light works perfect. Not sure. Where to start. Any Ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk